Dear Theo

Dear Theo,

I haven't heard from you since last year. I'm sorry if this finds you at a bad time but I need to tell you that my heart hurts for what was robbed of our future. I know this would not change what has been said and done. For everything has become too irreparable for mending. Yet here I am, hoping this reaches you.

Life has been terribly monotonous since I left town without you in it. I have been doing my best to keep myself busy but my mind has been preoccupied with many things including you. There has never been a moment that I have never thought of you. I'm sorry that things worked out like they did. I wasn't ready for what you wanted. I don't think we can go back to how things were back then but I am thankful for the moments I took for granted. The memories we've shared and the love I think I never deserved from you. The guilt I carry with me does not compare to your state of misery. I am ashamed of what has transpired but I would never regret chasing my dreams.

I do not know why I have the courage to write to you again but I'm sure you have been happier without me. Thank you for allowing me to reside in your heart for a time I now know I should have treasured. I hope time becomes kind to us so that when we meet again, I have the courage to face you and be happy with what has become of us.

Thinking of you thoughtfully,
Ro

———————
a/n:
something I thought of that hopefully makes sense.

happy reading!

much love,
amarynthe l.