t a e h y u n g & n a m j o o n

Kim Taehyung is the most popular guy in the university. He also went to the same high school as Yoongi, and he was popular back then too. He's Jungkook's age, a year younger than Yoongi. The thing is, everyone likes Taehyung. Ever since he entered high school, everyone has been talking about his unique looks and voice, and of course, the rich family he came from. He has a brother at Yoongi's age, Kim Namjoon. A really smart guy who's always at the top of his class. Very attractive too. The Kim Brothers are both really popular. Taehyung for his handsome features and amazing voice, and Namjoon for being very handsome as well, paired with his intelligence.

Yoongi can't remember how many men and women have tried to ask these two out, but end up getting rejected because they apparently do not plan on dating anyone right now. They cause heartbreaks everywhere for that. But still, everyone loves them. They gain a lot of respect for focusing on their talents and abilities instead of using their money and attractive features to date random people just because they can.

Namjoon is in most of Yoongi's classes, always surrounded by the other students. Yoongi actually pities the poor guy, having no privacy at all. Yoongi is lucky because everyone's always avoiding him. That way, he can just hang out with Jungkook every day and keep his privacy.

Yoongi never thought that their paths would cross, to be honest. But it seems like fate has a different plan.

Because the very next day, he's partnered up with Namjoon for a project.

Yoongi is used to this. He usually works on group projects alone because no one wants to talk to him or even sit next to him. Every seat close to him has been empty for years because no one dares to approach him. Yoongi doesn't understand why, but maybe Jungkook's effect hasn't disappeared just yet. It's been like this ever since that day at the daycare center when he first met Jungkook.

But to Yoongi's surprise, Namjoon sits on that empty seat, giving Yoongi a dimpled smile. He probably shouldn't be surprised. Of course, Namjoon wouldn't entrust a project to Yoongi because Namjoon is the smartest guy in class.

"Hey, Yoongi," he calls, making Yoongi flush red. He's not used to talking to other people. No one ever talks to him.

"Hi," Yoongi briefly answers. He looks around the class only to see everyone staring at them, even the teacher. They're whispering amongst themselves, and honestly, Yoongi doesn't even want to know what they're talking about.

"Should we work on this later? I don't have anything scheduled. Do you?" Namjoon asks, eyes still not leaving Yoongi's face and making him even more flustered.

"Y-yeah, I don't have anything important to do," Yoongi says before looking at Namjoon and lowering his voice. "Are you sure you want to do the project with me? If you don't want to, you can ask the teacher to do the project alone, i-if you want to."

"Why would I do that? I want to work with you."

Yoongi nods, still hesitant. "Okay."

Namjoon manages to convince Yoongi to do the project in the apartment Namjoon shares with his brother. Yoongi just agrees, not even considering bringing Namjoon to their house. Hoseok would throw a fit if he does.

Yoongi enters Namjoon's bedroom, taking a seat on the boy's bed while looking all over the room warily. It's weird. He has never gone to another person's house except for Jungkook's before.

"Why are you so tense? It's just me," Namjoon says with a small laugh, taking a seat next to Yoongi. Too close.

"Sorry," he replies. "I'm just not used to other people talking to me because I only ever have Jungkookie to talk to."