𝟶𝟶𝟼. 𝙾𝚅𝙴𝚁-𝚃𝙷𝙴-𝙲𝙾𝚄𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁

GLEE — VITAMIN D

   boys and girls

   boys and girls.

   girls and boys.

   something so different between them makes this competition so fun. "can someone help me? i can't get this," santana said as she held tweezers between her fingers, plucking hairs from her tanned skin. nobody jumped up to offer santana, so, valerie stood and walked towards the latina girl.

   santana smiled, handing the tweezers to the girl as their fingers brushed together: "promise not to hit me when it hurts?" santana tilted her head with a fake smile plastering her face, "no promises." valerie rolled her eyes before santana stood straight, feeling as valerie brushed against her skin to clear of any fallen eyebrow hairs. she smiled, holding up her hand before picking at the hairs santana wanted to pull out.

   santana winced, sucking in air as valerie felt her hand slide against her wrist. "sorry..." valerie apologised before santana shook her head once the tweezers were pulled away. "this is why i said no promises," santana replied before valerie felt satisfied with the hair she pulled, the hair santana couldn't get.

   their eyes met. valerie couldn't help but notice how deep her brown eyes were, they suited her face perfectly, her perfect face. valerie realised what she had thought, washing away the thought with the shake of her head without realising how softly santana was staring at her, finding the golden flecks in her hazel eyes to be just as beautiful as valerie.

   if only she could express her feelings.

   "okay, girls, we need to get started," rachel announced as she walked into the room. valerie teared her eyes away from santana, clearing her throat before handing the tweezers back to her. "we're getting warmed up," santana replied before staring back in the mirror and pulling the excess hairs she could get. "where's quinn?" asked rachel. where was quinn? valerie asked herself.

   "probably down at the mall looking for elastic-waist pants," brittany replied as they all chuckled at her, valerie squeezing her eyes. "not the thing to joke about, brit. besides, aren't you supposed to be her friend?" valerie said before brittany shrugged her shoulders and stared at the floor — why did valerie feel like she had to defend quinn? she had been horrible towards her, in the past.

   rachel and valerie being the only ones that didn't feel the room with their laughs: "mr schuester's right, you guys. we can't get complacent."

   mercedes was busy doing tina's nails before replying to rachel with, "chill out. i already picked the songs. we're gonna do a mash-up of 'halo' and 'walking on sunshine'."