𝟶𝟷𝟺. 𝙷𝙴𝙻𝙻𝙾

GLEE — HELL-O

   the assignment for glee today was to sing a song including hello

the assignment for glee today was to sing a song including hello. luckily, for valerie, she had a song that contributes to this assignment and it expressed her feelings exactly.

   valerie inched closer towards artie and bianca, resting her arm onto artie's wheelchair before bianca turned to her with a smile. "please tell bianca we have to sing you had me at hello!" artie exclaimed before crossing his arms, valerie chuckled slightly as bianca turned to him, rolling her eyes at his argument. "artie, this is like a single thing," bianca replied before valerie nodded her head.

   "i think it's a perfect duet — it matches you both, and it has hello in the title," valerie shrugged her shoulders before they inched closer towards the choir room, finn stood in the middle as he prepared to sing his duet.

   valerie rubbed his shoulder, letting him know they had arrived. "hey, val," finn said, she knew how upset he still was from quinn and puck's mistake, and despite how much she got along with quinn, she couldn't help feel sorrow for finn.

finn
hello, i love you
won't you tell me your name
hello, i love you
let me jump in your game
hello, i love you
won't you tell me your name
hello, i love you
let me jump in your game
she's walking down the street
blind to every eye she meets
do you think you'll be the guy
to make the queen of the angels sigh
hello, i love you
won't you tell me your name
hello, i love you
let me jump in your game
hello, i love you
won't you tell me your name
hello, i love you
let me jump in your game
sidewalk crouches at her feet
like a dog that begs for something sweet
do you hope to make her see you, fool
do you hope to pluck this dusky jewel
hello
hello
hello
hello
i want you
i need my baby
hello
hello

   valerie watched with a huge smile at finn's perfomance. how he got so drawn into this performance, they way his voice matches the soft rock type. the class clapped to his song, "and that, fellow glee clubbers, is how we say hello!" rachel said.

   finn awkwardly smiled at rachel's words before high-fiving matt as he left.

   however, valerie's face dropped when she saw brittany and santana inching closer towards finn, their pinkies intwined together. "what are they doing?" asked valerie, towards bianca, the latina sighed before shrugging her shoulders. "they've been hanging together too much for my liking... brittany always comes over to my house," bianca announced before valerie felt this warmth ignite within her chest, gripping tightly onto her heart.

🎤

   "mr schue, i prepared a song. can i sing it?" valerie asked, mr schue smiled as he realised this was her first solo infront of the members of glee. he nodded his head, placing his books and things onto the piano, he gestured his hands from valerie to come to the front.

   valerie cleared her throat: "this song describes my... feelings."

   she couldn't say too much without giving it all away, her eyes meet santana's, watching as the latina's face softened at valerie's words before brittany wrapped her arm around her shoulder. then, valerie met quinn's eyes. they didn't know how to react, both tearing their faces to the side instantly to the side.

valerie
i've been alone
with you inside my mind
and in my dreams
i've kissed your lips
a thousand times
i sometimes see you pass
outside my door
hello, is it me you're looking for
i can see it in your eyes
i can see it in your smile
you're all i've ever wanted
and my arms are open wide
'cause you know just what to say
and you know just what to do
and i want to tell you so much
i love you
i long to see the sunlight in your hair
and tell you time and time again
how much i care
sometimes i feel my heart will overflow
hello, i've just got to let you know
'cause i wonder where you are
and i wonder what you do
are you somewhere feeling lonely
or is someone loving you?
tell me how to win your heart
for i haven't got a clue
but let me start by saying, i love you
hello, is it me you're looking for
is it me, is it me, is it me
is it me you're looking for
is it me, is it me

   valerie finished her song, wiping the tears that formed in her eyes, mr schue smiled before clapping his together — the rest of the students following after.

   she tried to smile, placing herself next to bianca as the girl rubbed her hand up and down valerie's back, artie resting his on her thigh. "you okay?" asked artie, valerie tilted her head before nodding.

🎤

"hey, val," santana shouted towards valerie walking down the hallway and towards the auditorium for the group's performance. "i don't wanna talk," valerie said. she knew, she knew about her and puck's flirting. especially after valerie announced everything about her first kiss, their first kiss together.

how it was stolen from her.

"oh, c'mon, you getting jealous or something?" santana questioned. valerie turned to face her, hands holding over her chest before she chuckled slightly. looking down towards the ground, not wanting to meet santana's eye.

"it wasn't just puck, it was brittany and finn. you're confusing me, santana," valerie announced. santana brought her hand out to grab valerie's hand. suddenly, their moment was broke when they heard the sound of quinn's throat clearing. the blonde took valerie's other hand, leading her away from santana.

"you and fabray dating now?"

"oh, go crawl back to brittany, santana."

valerie shook her head. all of these mixed signals are confusing.

it was valerie didn't need, signals. the way she was been continuously teased by everyone in this school for being herself, and now being confused by the girl she liked for years, it was wasn't healthy.

finn
you say yes
i say no
you say stop

finn and rachel
i say go, go, go
oh, no

all
you say goodbye
and i say hello
hello, hello
i don't know why you say goodbye
i say hello
hello
hello, hello
hello
i don't know why you say goodbye
i say hello

finn (all)
you say yes
(i say yes)
i say no
(maybe no)
(you say stop)
(i say go, go, go)

all
oh, no
you say goodbye
i say hello
hello, hello
i don't know why you say goodbye
i say hello
hello
hello, hello
i don't know why i say goodbye
i say hello
hello
hello, hello
i don't know why i say goodbye
i say hello
hello, hello
hello