Dead??

Zenitsu was struggling to wake up. He knew he had died, and he knew he wouldn't wake up, but for some reason, he felt the need to wake up. Come on, Zenitsu. You know your dead. Why bother?

All of a sudden, a voice rang out in his head.

"Hey!! Wake up!! I know you can hear me!"

Zenitsu jolted awake instantly. As soon as he did, his joints screamed in agony. He gritted his teeth as he held back the pain.

His vision was blurred out by the water filling his eyes. However, it couldn't stop him from seeing the blurred figure kneeling beside him.

"Oh, for God's sake, can't you just listen to something simple? I said wake up!!"

Zenitsu wondered if the voice he was hearing belonged to Kuwajima. But the voice sounded way too aggressive to be him.

Zenitsu thought for a moment. He swore he has heard this voice before, but he couldn't exactly remember when or where.

It finally clicked into Zenitsu's brain. He was shocked.

It couldn't be him. He was turned into a demon a long time ago. There was just no way it could be him. But the voice sounded just like him. He could hear him.

All of a sudden, Zenitsu felt himself getting shook aggressively. It was at enough force to snap Zenitsu back into reality.

"Finally...jeez, it shouldn't take you THIS long to wake up. I thought you would've been less of a weakling by now..."

Zenitsu tried to gasp but couldn't.

It was him. The person he thought he'd never see again was sitting right in front of him, staring straight into his soul.