Back to School

Back to School

Minerva shifts uncomfortably as her robes catch on the new contact points growing on her back. Dan and Emma closed their practice the other day as their changes became impossible to hide. Her own are probably only a month or so behind. A faint flash of light causes her to look up, Albus following suit beside her. She knows that he couldn't possibly have seen the flash, or the atmospheric shockwave that she's now following. It only takes seconds for the lander to drop below the horizon, so she turns towards Albus.

"Ye know I can do this meself?"

"Of that I have no doubt Minerva. However, both Mr Potter and Miss Granger have been absent from school for two and a half weeks. As the headmaster it is my duty to enquire after their health, as well as inform them of how they are going to be expected to keep up with their lessons."

Minerva's eyes sparkle as she punctures that particular bubble, "Why, Albus, didn't you know that they have both been keeping up with their wanded subjects? Why do you think I have been unavailable most evenings? I believe that you'll find they are well versed in what they missed. Additionally, we ran into Pandora Lovegood, and she was kind enough to tutor them in potion making. Alas they couldn't do anything about actual brewing due to a lack of ingredients. However, I have absolutely no doubt that their techniques is superlative."

Albus bristles at the use of his first name, "Regardless, they will need to do at least one evening lesson with each professor, except Binns."

"As you will."

Minerva turns to the forest as she hears the tell-tale whine of the lander. Not a few minutes later both Harry and Hermione come bounding, leaping, and sliding out of the forbidden forest. Coming to a halt in front of them, by performing an ariel somersault that would leave any gymnast green with envy, they both stand side by side in their respective Warframes.

"Mr Potter, Miss Granger. I am glad to see you have returned safely."

Harry chuckles, "Rightly it's Miss Potter at the moment. Technically Hermione would be the same as she's in the same clan. For the moment, just call me Harry."

Albus frowns, "I do not recall seeing any notifications about Miss Granger joining a clan."

Harry looks at Minerva with a questioning stance, "I didn't know that clans were a thing here too."

Minerva shrugs, "They're not really used anymore. I belong to clan McGonagall, though most treat it like a family name these days."

"How would I go about setting up Clan Potter?"

Albus goes to speak but Minerva talks over him, "The goblins should be able to help. They know the Ministry rules and regulations better than just about anyone else."

"Ok, thanks. Hey, Ironclaw, sorry to wake you. How's Ironjaw? Good good. Listen, what do you know about clans in the Ministry sense? Oh great, can you start the process of setting up clan Potter? Yep. Yep. Myself, Hermione, Luna, and Kitty. Granger. Lovegood. She doesn't actually have an identity here. Oh, you can? Great, could you get her a mundane identity too? She's going to be working with Hermione's family as a dental assistant while we're attending school. Cy's in orbit just ask him for any photos you need. Diamonds? Sure, how big? I'll get those done tonight or tomorrow. Thanks, bye."

Albus strokes his beard in a calming fashion while he is completely side-lined as Harry pretends to talk to a goblin at Gringotts. When Harry finishes talking, Albus angrily snaps, "Mr Potter, I do not appreciate being ignored so that you can pretend to have a conversation with Gringotts."

Hermione, shaking with mirth, calls Ironjaw, "Hello, sorry to bother you again, but could you send an owl to let a Mr Dumbledore know that we are actually talking to you. Oh, I'm Hermione. Yes, that Hermione. I'd imagine my name came up as TheFairyQueen, that's what I have my online presence set as. Yes we both have slates so you only need to send stuff that actually needs signing. You can include Minerva with that, I'll send you the details later. Thanks, sorry to bother you."