1. Sweet Darkness

''I don't like you.'' Aegon told Stella and she smirked lifting their hands.

''Then why are you holding my hand?'' Stella countered smugly. Aegon looked to their hands fingers interlaced and he didn't let go. "And why are you following girls you don't like into the woods at night?" Stella went on.

Aegon didn't have an answer for that. Of course he liked her, she was pretty and bossy and ignored him for the first few moons she was at the capital, so of course he had to know her. She was as confident as a lion and glowed. Aegon wanted to be that cool guy that ignored her and she chased after him. Then he would turn around and wink at her and she would swoon. SWOON! But that didn't happen. Stella ignored his existence entirely. Which wouldn't do.

So Aegon tried to hate her and her perfect hair, dazzling smile, the way her eyes shimmered in the light. He tried to find flaws in her, tried to hate her. She was bossy and mean and was always right but Aegon fell in love with her.

Once she finally gave him the time of day he tried the tough guy act but she saw right through it and rolled her eyes saying if he was going to pretend to be someone else then he best join the theater.

Obviously, he was in love with Stella Lannister and needed her to love him back. But when she said she wanted to show him something he was hoping for something less surrounded by darkness and all the creatures that liked to lurk in the shadows. He could barely see her, but it did give a good excuse for him to hold her hand.

''You don't have to be scared of the dark.'' Stella informed him.

''I'm not.'' Aegon said defensively.

''Mm hmm,'' stella agreed pulling him along.

''We shouldn't be out here.'' Aegon murmured digging his heels in but Stella Lannister was surprisingly strong.

''Don't be a baby.'' Stella teased smiling back at Aegon.

''I am not.'' Aegon said as he followed her she didnt have to drag him as much. There was a moment of silence as they moved only the crunch of their feet on the forest floor and the breeze through the trees. ''Where are we going?'' Aegon whispered.

''Do you trust me?''

''Not really,'' Aegon admitted.

For as much as he pined after Stella, he didn't know that much about her. For all he knew she could be pushing him off a cliff to get him to stop flirting with her. Stella held up their hands again she wiggled her fingers to show that she was the one gripping tight to her hand. He still didn't let go.

''Don't be scared.'' Stella told him holding out her free hand. Her palm up but he could barely see her past his nose in the darkness.

'I'm not.' Aegon repeated.

''The reason it gets dark is so that you can see the stars.'' Stella told him he looked to the light flickering on her palm. ''But I can be your light until we get there.'' Stella offered kindly. His gaze flickered from her glowing yellow eyes to the light seemingly floating above her hand. ''Come on.'' Stella encouraged and he followed her deeper into the woods until they came out on a little clearing

''How did you know about this place?'' Aegon asked as she sat down. ''I've lived here my whole life and I never...''

''That's because it looks different in the daylight verses the sweet darkness of the night.'' Stella told him.

''How did you do that? With your hand?'' Aegon asked.

''I just always have been able to.'' Stella told him as she lay back.

"Can you do it again?" Aegon asked laying back staring over at her.

''I could.'' Stella agreed. Aegon stared at her waiting. ''But I won't. Remember what I said about darkness... so you can see the stars?'' Stella offered. Aegon nodded and she lifted her hand tilting his face back to the sky. ''Focus then.'' Stella said putting her hand back down beside her. He glanced back at Stella though. He didn't know how she saw him in the darkness looking at her but her hand lifted a hand and tipped his face back to the sky. He grabbed her hand when she put it back down between them.

''You see the stars?'' Stella asked

''Yeah.''

''Do you know about the dragon constellation?'' Stella asked

''If I say yes will you think I'm really smart?'' Aegon asked.

''Give me an answer and find out,'' stella countered.

''Yes.'' Aegon said confidently.

''Then I would ask you to tell me about it.'' Stella countered.

''What?' Aegon said completely thrown off.

''Tell me about the dragon constellation.'' Stella instructed him.

''You first?'' Aegon asked hopefully. Stella chuckled as his grip on her hand tightened a bit as he leaned into her. ''Alright.'' Aegon stared back up at the sky. ''Well, the dragon constellation...'' he stalled as he thought then an idea came to him. ''The dragon constellation,'' he declared confidently ''is about a young dragon that fell in love with a lion.'' Aegon declared. ''She was far away at casterly rock-" stella smirked glancing over at him "-so he flew into the sky to keep an eye on her.''

''What did the young dragon do when he was scared of the dark?'' Stella mused

''Well... he remembered that the lion told him you need the dark so you can see the stars and when he looked at her either from the ground or from the sky he wasn't scared because she was a light.''

''Aegon,'' Stella chuckled. ''Thats so sweet.''

''Was I right?'' Aegon offered as she looked to him.

''Better than the real story.'' Stella informed him.

'What's the real story?'' Aegon questioned his nose brushing against hers.

''There are two versions one the dragon that guarded the golden apples of the Hesperides.'' Stella remarked "or the dragon is the form Zeus took to escape from his father, Cronus when he escaped into the sky to be free.'' Aegon stared back at her. ''I told you. I liked yours better.'' Stella jumped up and headed back to the castle.

'Wait!'' Aegon declared chasing after her, he tripped on roots sticking up out of the ground. ''Stella!'' She stopped and he stumbled into her.

''What?'' Stella asked ''I thought you weren't scared.'' She mused

''I'm not.'' Aegon reiterated. "I just can't see." She reached out and grabbed his hand.

''Come on.'' Stella said simply, leading him back.

''How do you see in the dark?'' Aegon asked leaning into her.

''Don't know.'' Stella admitted he pulled her to a stop and looked at her glowing eyes.

''Wow.'' Aegon whispered. "Are you magical?"

"I don't know... you tell me." Stella offered kissing him quickly. Aegon sucked in a deep happy breath. Stella Lannister was magical, and Aegon wanted her forever.

"Yes."