16. Rub It In

Stella stood in the courtyard, with the setting sun and an artful daub of magic mood-lighting framing her curled golden hair.

Aegon watched her with needy eyes before strutting through the courtyard to his bride.

Stella smiled back at him and like a good dog-I mean husband he came running. He scooped her up, spinning her around. He laughed that she was his, and only his for the rest of their lives.

Stella couldn't stop smiling   She had no idea how they went from strangers to him, aegon the big, tough man that he was being scared and nervous to talk to her to completely in love.

She wouldn't change a thing . she left that he still held her hand when they walked. Loved that he trusted her when it was dark for her to the way. Love that he treated her like a shooting star, rare and precious and extraordinary.

She loved that he still sung songs for them just for them . they sat on the balcony and he strummed his strings, singing her sweet words Confessing his love and undying devotion. or all the things he wanted to do to her body. He had such a lovely voice. She wished she could play instrument she thought that might be fun to be able to create something from basically nothing.

" did you forget you emit light?" Aegon teased touching her hands.

" yes but I don't really have... I mean I trained it it a little bit I suppose, but you learned this I was just born with this gift." Stella reminded him nonchalantly.

" lucky you."

" lucky you!" she corrected strumming hand across the strings " you worked hard, and you make beautiful music. Music that I loved to hear. That our future children will love to hear. You were doing really great in the courtyard today too." she added proudly.

" do you think?"

" you're going to be commander of the guard in no time." She agreed.

" I don't want to be commander that's too much time dealing with people who don't know what they're doing when I would rather be with you."

" that was the perfect answer. It wasn't even a test and you passed with flying colors."

+

"What's this?" Aegon questioned.

"I'm getting tips from Jess Martell, shes a princess."

"What tips? Tips for what?" Aegon questioned running a hand over her legs.

"Ruling. She was born a princess-"

"I'm a prince. I think I can help you with anything you might need."

"Yes but Jessa is kind of brilliant and I needed some outside advice."

"Do you have friends in the corners of every realm?" Aegon pondered.

"I do. It's important to have allies everywhere." Stella agreed. "Unfortunately she is telling me things I already know."

"Not so brilliant after all." Aegon agreed. 

"Dont let the muggles get you down." Stella informed him. 

"What? What are muggles?"

"It's what her father calls the staff and people he doesnt like, the lower born and whatnot." Stella remarked. 

"That's... Muggle?" Stella nodded. "Thats hilarious, can I start calling Helaena a muggle?"

"Stop it, be nice to helaena and Almond too." 

"Says you!" Aegon laughed out. 

Stella was liking married life. Aegon suggested moving out of the capital to anywhere really that wasnt in the same building as his parents but she liked to remind him that this would all be theirs one day. 

"Dont worry baby." Stella purred. "This castle is big enough for all of us... for now." 

"For now." Aegon agreed pulling her into bed. 

The history of man was downfall, the history of women was unwritten. Because the men took credit for their victories. Stella asked and by asked she commanded that she sit on a meeting of the small council. 

"You really dont have to. My grandfather has been forcing me to go to them but its really just a waste of everyone's time." Aegon assured. 

"Nonsense, you are the future king." Stella was all about girl power when she was coming out on top, if she was heir and knew someone was trying to put Aegon on the throne she would burn a bitch but... Aegon was her man so... fuck Rhaenyra. "And I want to be by your side." 

Alicent didnt really trust Stella entirely but everyone else was right. Stella was a good influence on Aegon. Her father loved to rub that in all the time like today when Aegon was early for the meeting.  Because stella was with him. 

"Lovely morning, hello grandfather," Stella mused moving to Otto. "You are looking well." Otto smirked down at her. He liked that Stella was on his side, that she was going to get aegon on the throne. They shared the same goal and even if Aegon didnt want the throne, he would take it because Stella wanted to be queen. 

"Oh father!" Stella added rushing to Viserys side. "I'm surprised you are here but thats wonderful! You can see Aegon in action, he has been stepping up in your absence and in the absence of... she who shall not be named." Stella teased. 

"Who?" Viserys countered. 

"Exactly!" Stella declared. 

"You are always a bright spot Lady Stella." Viserys offered patting her hand. 

"Thank you, your grace. I agree." 

"I quite like you calling me father." Viserys admitted. "My own children dont much."

"Aegon," Stella tsked. 

"Hello Father." Aegon agreed. Stella smiled back at Viserys. 

"You make them better." Viserys whispered. 

"I do try my best." Stella agreed. 

Aegon could see her in his dreams and he could see her in his bed. Stella was the goddamn vision that's ringing in his head
With her mouth hanging open under his chest, he was always waiting, patient because her torment came with a sweet release. They were good together. They were the best together. That was all he could focus on during the meeting, stella. Stella and her halo hair and glowing eyes. Stella naked in their bed. Stella. 

Like candy and sex and leather. Like music to candlelight. Like Stella tormenting Aemond when Aegon was around. 

Let Aegon release the pressure. Knowing he found his treasure
Stella tasted like heaven, and she knew it. Loved him and she showed it.