Diary Entry 1

{A/N} So, I'm back with a new story. This is actually part of an English project that I had and was slaving over for the past few days. I hope you enjoy, and I will be updating Time. very soon. Please don't forget to vote and comment. Thanks for your support!

May, 2014

Darkness. That's the only word I can think of to describe how the world is without electronics. When the world went dark, I was sitting down in my home library getting ready to start reading my new book. Since my home library didn't have many windows I had turned on a lamp so that I could see the page properly. In the blink of an eye, all of the light in the room was snuffed out. That was how I knew that there was a problem. Electricity doesn't disappear for no reason. Usually, it's weather related, but the thing was that today was a perfectly sunny day, without a cloud in sight. Therefore the weather's definitely not the problem. I also know for a fact that it couldn't be the fuse box. After all, I had just checked it yesterday, and there wasn't a single problem in sight. So in order to gain more information I walked to the gas station, and what I saw almost stopped my heart. It looks as if the world was frozen. Cars weren't moving, and everything was eerily quiet. It was as if the world was holding their breaths, waiting to see what was going to happen next.