Impact of Experience

Characters: Bertie Songthrush, Tuca Toucan, Speckle, The maintenance guy I don't think has a name, 'Pastry' Pete (mentioned) and Aunt Tallulah Toucan (mentioned)
Warning: Mentions of past sexual assault and lasting trauma. Read at your own discretion.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Bertie kept checking the time. Why wasn't Speckle back yet? She checked her phone; No messages or calls. She briefly wondered if Tallulah had been too much for Tuca to deal with and she ended up drinking. She hoped not, but if she was, Speckle was probably trying to get her in the car. Which meant they were still two or three hours away because she knew Speckle wouldn't let anyone throw up in their car.
She got off the couch and went to the bedroom and crawled into bed, then pulled the worn blue sheet around herself and hugged her pillow.
Why did men have to be so horrible? First the landlord sent that creepy guy to fix the sink and the creep had his own key! That lock was definitely getting changed tomorrow. She couldn't even go jogging without being looked at like an object, her coworker kept making lewd comments, then Pete... She couldn't hold in the sadness anymore and started sobbing into the pillow.
It brought back all of those memories she repressed from the lake. And she'd been unable to say no this time because she froze up and let him intimidate her. She should have quit, she should have kicked him and ran, but she froze. She hated and blamed herself. She knew that those self-empowerment meetings were useless. She could be strong there, but not when it actually mattered.

After a while she sighed and laid on her side, hugging the pillow. She'd just have to stick it out and wait until she learned enough from him that she could quit and open her own bakery.

She drifted off and soon began dreaming about Speckle. It quickly turned into a sexual dream, like many of her dreams about her boyfriend were. But as it progressed, Speckle disappeared and was replaced by Pete. First she was afraid, then Pete told her that to him she was different than any of the other women, she was special to him and for her, he'd change. He winked at her and she willingly kissed him and undressed and he put her on the table and laid cruisants on her before eating them. He then pulled her so her hips were at the end of the table and began...

She woke up sweating and panting. She shook her head and groaned. Great, now he was even in her dreams. She glanced at the empty space next to her and groaned again. And Speckle wasn't here to satisfy what she needed now.
She contemplated what that meant about her psyche that kept being turned on by Pete, but like she did with a lot of the issues that she had, she shoved the thought to the back of her mind.
She then got the vibrator out of the drawer and glared at the blinking light that meant it needed to be charged. Well, it probably still had another ten or so minutes left and that's all she needed.

After a long, cold shower she had gone back to waiting on the couch and checked her phone again. She put it on the table and sighed. It was now after midnight and there was no way that she was going to try to sleep again. She didn't want to have another dream about Pete.

Finally her phone gave the chirped alert that she had a message.

WackyBird: Yo Bertie Speckle's drunk, I'm still sober, my Aunt insulted my Mom so I tore up the check and I can't pay the rent and I don't know what to do about that yet but I'm bringing Speckle home, he lost his pants at some point and he's wearing a... I'm not sure what it is, like a see through robe thingy which would be hot if it was on me but it's not and he totally didn't almost tell Aunt Tallulah off or barf in your car before thinking I was you and being all sex beggy and omg how do you deal with this dude? He's soooo annoying when he's drunk unless he doesn't get drunk around you and maybe it's my fault for not just telling my aunt that I'm sober and I kept handing off the drinks I was given to Speckle and oh my god I probably made him a fucking alcoholic now shit I'm so sorry Bertie I didn't mean to do that to you and now he's talking gibberish again and we're at the turn off and that battery's almost dead talk to you when we get home