Background

I was 15 the day the world went underwater. Before we get to that, let me tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Alex Rogers, I'm a sophomore at Elliot High School. I love art and have a passion for the outdoors. I live with my dad in the small town of Bethany Beach, Delaware. My mom died when I was nine, she was in a car accident. We don't know much, but what we do know is that a driver was coming at her, so she swerved and ended up going off the cliff, into the ocean. It was hard on both of us, but my dad took it the hardest, and started turning to unhealthy forms of pain relief.

Yes, my dad is an alcoholic. He also is abusive from time to time, but there is nothing I can do about it. If I told anyone, then my dad would get sent to jail and I would end up a foster kid, bouncing from home to home until I turned 18.

But that's enough about my messed up life, let's get on with the worst day in the history of the world.

Hi! This is my first story, so sorry if there are some errors or it just doesn't make sense. I also will add in some of my favorite music at the start of the chapter, most of the time it won't have anything to do with the story, so you don't have to listen, but you can if you want! Now on with the story, I hope you enjoy!
And please, please, please, share, comment, and vote!

-G