Chapter 6: Never gonna give Clay up

Calhoun POV:

We are back at the same tavern. Henry is drinking shots of whiskey and playing his fiddle. He's quite talented, and his rich baritone voice is a nice touch to the songs he plays. However, that guy from the last time we went to this tavern was here too. This time he was telling stories about... The Battle of New Orleans?

"So there I was, covered in blood and shit in the swampy marshland of Louisiana. And who do I see, but a bunch of rascally redcoats. My men weren't perfect, but I whipped them into shape, and we slaughtered them like the native population! Oh, and did I tell you that parts of my bone were falling out of my arm? Yep, and I sent those little bits and pieces to my wife as little souvenirs," The man said, now in a general's uniform.

"Excuse me sir," I said, butting into the conversation. "Who exactly might you be?"

The guy's steely blue eyes shot daggers through my very soul.
"My name is General Andrew Jackson. Haven't you read about me in the papers?" he said, smugly.

"I've only heard bits and pieces of the story, sir" I say. Henry's fiddling crescendoed.

"We're no strangers to love" he sang drunkenly, yet beautifully. "You know the rules, and so do I!" Henry's pretty blond hair swooshed around as he fiddled and sang. His cute blue eyes looked around, and then at.... Me? He grabbed my hand. Was this some signal to duet with him? I could practice every day and never be as good as Henry. And yet, I joined him.

"A full commitment's what I'm thinking of! You wouldn't get this from any other guy!" We sung together. Some people started applauding and General Jackson smirked. Henry put his fiddle down to spin me around. And we continued to sing.

"IIIIIII just wanna tell you how I'm feeling. Gotta make you understand!" I was by no means an awesome singer, but it was fun to goof around with Henry.

"So what's going on here with fiddle boy and the other one? Are they in love or something? Nothing wrong if they are, just asking," General Jackson asked. Henry immediately responded.

"Yes!"

"He's drunk. I apologize General," I said, mortified. I dragged Henry back home.