Class 1-A

Protagonist. Everyone wants to become the protagonist of their life, don't they?

To become someone who is the best in what they do, to leave everyone shocked by the things which protagonists do easily, without batting an eye.

I aspired to be someone like that for as long as I remember. To be the coolest protagonist the world has ever witnessed.

The fire within me wasn't that great at the start though. It all started during the kindergarten. I was the shortest guy in my whole grade. And you know how stupid the nameless characters are, right?

So, they decided to single me out and bully me. Of course I retaliated. I was easily able to beat 2-3 kids, but when they amounted to be around 10, I was defeated. During that single harsh day, the protagonist inside me awakened.

I didn't go to school for a month, and joined a dojo of a friend of Grandpa. And after a month, I made a cool entrance in kindergarten by wearing my Grandpa's sunglasses that pissed off those morons.

So they came to beat me up in the free period, but I again retaliated. This time, I won against all the 11 morons coming at me at once.

That lead to the start of my protagonist's life. I acquired a new level of confidence and willpower. The only downside of that event was that the teacher confiscated Grandpa's sunglasses and I was scolded because of it. Thankfully, I got away with beating them up in retaliation due to the girls narrating the events as they happened, accurately. They said that I was really cool. Only they get my coolness.

With my newly acquired willpower and confidence, I put my best, and surpassed my best in all the fields. How to be cool? By being the best in academics, music, sports, fighting, and most importantly, always remaining cool.

Grandpa had connections with plenty of oldies. Some where associated with various martial arts dojos, while many of them had a vast amount of wisdom due to the long life they had lives. So I visited them very often, and was their favourite youngster.

And I built up a pretty good tolerance due to the vast amount of nonsense they talked about. They would exaggerated their life stories to the point that I would reach my breaking point several times, but I perserved and took in all of their life experiences.

Sadly, by the time I had reached primary school, all of those oldies had died, along with Grandpa. And I lived alone since then.

I trained harder in all the martial arts that were available to me, be it Karate, Judo, Taekwondo or Jeet Kun Do. But as I became better than the beginner stage, I leaned more towards Judo and Jeet Kun Do. It was difficult to be good in every single of them, and ineffective due to the difference in styles. So I stuck with those two.

And as I became a middle school student, I visited the areas which were famous for delinquents, to challenge them during the major holiday breaks. I lost sometimes because of their numbers, but by the end of the break, I was the winner.

I kept up with my academics, read ridiculous amounts of LNs and Mangas to increase my intelligence and get to know about human psychology better. I admire the Overlord the most for his intelligence.

And of course, which protagonist doesn't have musical talent to display his coolness? I am quite good in playing piano. And chess, I have been a national level champion in that too. Even though it is a lame game, people believe that the people who are good at it are very intelligent.

And before I knew it, I was standing in front of the Advanced Nurturing High School. The most prestigious school in Japan. And among the top 3 school of the world since it's founding.

A school befitting for my coolness.

I entered the school and headed straight to my class, 1-A. Being the last person to come into the class, I smirked and headed straight to the only empty seat. The protagonist's seat!

Then I laid my eyes on the teacher. He seems really buff. I wonder if I can fight him?

The teacher scanned everyone for a few seconds and started.

"Since everyone is here, I will start by introducing myself. I am Mashima Tomonari and I teach English. At this school-"

So he started telling us about how the school works, like being isolated from the outside world, the school having everything ranging from day to day necessities like soap and toothbrush to entertainment facilities like karaokes and movie theatres.

Then he started explaining the S-system, where we can buy 'anything' as long as it is on the school grounds with points, and 1 point is equivalent to 1 yen. We receive the points on our Student ID every month and can use it as a debit card.

Currently, we were given 100K points based on our merit to pass the entrance exam and enroll here. Some morons started enjoying that they will get 100K points, but why did they think like that? Sensei explicitly stated that it was due to us enrolling here, and never once did he say about it being monthly allowance.

Then a loli with lilac hair who was sitting in the front, maybe due to her height, raised her hand to ask a question.
"How much points will we get next month?"

Damn! She stole my spotlight. But it's fine. I have a feeling that this school will have lots of moments for everyone to witness my coolness.

Sensei smirked and answered, "I am sorry, but I can't answer that."
"Fufu~ It's alright."

Murmurs broke out in the class.
"It seems nobody has any more questions. Well then, I will take my leave. I hope you have a good high school life."

As soon as Sensei left, a bald mob went to the teacher's podium and started introducing himself. Then said something about being a leader. The loli fufu'ed and said that she will want to become the leader.

I simply stood up to leave the class. Being a leader is so uncool and a waste. But as I was about to leave, the loli called me out.

"If it isn't Kimura Haruto-kun? The national chess champion? Do you remember me? Four years ago, I came in the second place and almost defeated you. But you haven't participated since then. How about we have a match right now?"

I turned around to see the loli. Hmmmm. Do I know her?

"Nope. Don't remember. I don't bother to remember faces of those whom I never had trouble defeating."

The smug loli looked pissed for some reason, but started fufu'ing again.

"Fufu~ That was four years ago. Or are you telling me, are you scared of losing?"

Protagonist's like me afraid of losing? No way. I have lost thousands of times, but getting up back and winning in the end is my speciality. But-

"You can't provoke me into your stupid leadership game. I will never follow any of you and will do as I want. But I guess I will lend both of you guys my hand.

Okay class, who wants to accept the girl as the leader, raise your right hand. And those who accepts the boy raise your left hand. Lastly, those who want to stay neutral, don't raise your hands."

7 raised their hands for smug loli and 4 for the bald mob.

"You two can try to gain support of more people by the month, and I will observe the situation during the month. If one gets 15 or more supporters, I will grant them the leadership, even both of you if you are able to do that much. You two should be atleast capable of that much if you want to be the leader."

Saying that, I left the classroom. I just successfully planted myself at a higher place than both of the future leaders in the class heirarchy.

Anyway, I have noticed that the class has 4 cameras, which is very unnatural. Then there are cameras in the hallway as well. Looks like the school is observing our activities.

I then passed by class B, C and D. The discipline seems degrading as we go from A to D. So this means that there is some ranking like cram schools. Not very surprising.

I waited as these classes went out for the entrance ceremony so I can ascertain the individuals I should look out for.

After everyone had left, I took a quick peek at the other classes' protagonist's nameplates. Ayanokoji Kiyotaka of 1-D, Kanzaki Ryuuji of 1-B, and most importantly, the person I am having intuition about that the person is the most dangerous.

'Ibuki Mio' of 1-C.