Chapter 4

You didn't know the Max Silence Treaty would be so deafening. It really was like he wasn't there. Maybe he wasn't and just came over to sleep, because there was no sound whatsoever from his side and no traces of food or training clothes. Two days of nothing went by like that. You had lunches with the team, went for a run around the premises and played some games at the lounge. Spoke with your family and kinda fixed things with Dave, who still was walking on thin ice.

Max? No idea. You saw him around but he wouldn't even bat an eyelash to you, he could pass by you and it was as if there was nothing there for him. Some people in the team asked you if finally you two stopped the fighting but you had little to tell them, as this was even worse than throwing words at each other at every turn. His hard face whenever he was close to you was like a brick wall, you wouldn't dare breaking it with a comment to see if he was as tough as he appeared to be because it didn't look as an invitation to bicker for the fun of it.

The third day of lockdown, you and Dave broke up. He said some harsh things and it hurt you because he was the person you thought it would be your company during those days and instead he became more of a problem than Max himself, who was the constant troublemaker in your day to day. You said those things to him, way too honest, and he took them the wrong way: he immediately thought you teammate was the cause you would fight so much and the reason you didn't want to come back. By then you didn't have more strength to reply back to that, you just sighed and used your most sarcastic tone to offload your frustrations: "you know what? yes, you're right because Max is everything I would need to spend a lockdown! He doesn't talk to me, he doesn't even acknowledge me anymore, he tried to do one nice thing and I blew him off because I was fucking mad at you and ruined the one thing my boss asked me to do, to fix things at work. And you come here and accuse me of preferring Max over you when I don't even talk to him for prioritising you and your requirements! Fuck off, Dave!" You spat out, holding back your tears and hanging up, letting them out while sitting on the floor of your room.

As if the universe was mocking you, Max came in a few moments later and looked at your side of the room then looked away. He turned back and frowned.

"Are you okay?" He said, not moving towards your room.

You snapped your head to him. "Are you talking to me?"

"Of course I am, I don't see anyone else crying like Meg Ryan as Sally Albright." He chuckled.

This time you chuckled too. "You know that movie?"

"You'd be surprised of my film knowledge," he said and came a to lean over your door frame. "So? What happened?"

You sighed. "My boyfriend and I broke up."

"Shit..." he said. "That can be tough..."

"You think? The one person I thought would be the best company during this period and he ended up to be the most unsupportive prick."

He chuckled and you stared at him with murderous eyes. "No, no!" He rushed to fix it. "I'm not laughing at you, it's just that I find funny how honest you were."

You shrugged. "Well, he was an unsupportive prick, he wanted me back the moment we were told to stay in, and went on about how he was right about Red Bull taking all of my time..."

"It's not the first time you're in Formula One, surely he must know how it is..."

"Apparently he believed it was only on the weekends," you smirked. "And want to know more?"

"You seem keen on letting it all out, so go." He said, sitting on the floor.

"He said I didn't want to even try and come back because I had you!" You laughed.