Chapter 11

By mid morning, the quarantine was lifted and you could go outside and interact with people outside the room, but still inside the hotel. Not fifteen minutes passed that you had the girls at your door inviting you to the poolside, as if they were rescuing you from staying with your enemy another minute. The boys did the same with Max.

Oh boy, if they only knew how much had changed.

You told them to wait and you'll be back in a bit to go with them.

"Wish we could stay all day in bed, just us..." said Max, hugging your waist from behind.

"Me too," you agreed, playing with his hair. "But we should go outside and talk to people. Maybe until after lunch? Then we fake tiredness and come back for our dinner?"

"Sounds great, will see you after lunch, lieve..." he mumbled, kissing your jaw.

"Ahh, baby don't talk Dutch to me or I will block everyone out there to stay with you and kiss you all day!" You falsely complained.

"Blijf dan, schat..." he said lowly with a clear smirk on his face.

You turned in his arms and faced him. "Limits, Verstappen, you're killing me here!" You giggled and kissed him. "How irresistible can you be? Now kiss me once more before you go and have some fun of your own for a couple of hours."

"I have no limits, you know me, but as you wish..." he said all smugly, then grabbed you and kissed you so deeply and sensually the world might as well disappeared and you wouldn't ever notice.

After you recovered and stole like a hundred more kisses, you left, until lunch.

Of course your little plan turned out to be impossible, since everyone apparently missed you both and wanted to do a lot of things. Swimming, playing some footie, cards, gossip, walking around. Even Christian was up for many things, willing to kick the ball around a bit, and then calling you both you and Max apart to chat a little about this whole weird period.

Not once you and Max crossed paths or could at least sign each other it was time to leave. It was impossible to even see him before dinner, which was huge and complete with the whole team given that everyone was covid free again.

The boss finally sat you and Max together on the table and it took everything from you not to grab his hand or play footsies with him under the table. You even had to recreate some of your old fights, which were less convincing than ever. You were sure the look in your eyes gave away how much things weren't the same.

Finally, dinner finished and everyone headed back to their rooms. Max did it first with some of his mates, while you stayed behind, talking nonsense with Christian and one of the mechanics. Once you were cleared to run towards the end of the hall, you took a sprint and opened the door to reveal an impatient boyfriend.

"Finally!" He exclaimed.

"Oh my god, they never stopped talking!"

"For a moment there I was about to go like 'okay now go to sleep you're suffocating me!"

You nodded. "Too much, I tell you!"

He took two steps towards you. "I was dying to kiss you, to touch you..."

"Me too, I think that dinner can de damned..." you chuckled.

He sighed. "We will do a million of those, but now..." he kissed you hungrily and lifted you in his arms so you would trap his waist between your legs. He walked a bit more and pushed you against the locked door with a thud.

And that's when the second door opened. "I cannot accept violence, not today not ever!" angry Christian's voice was heard. "What is this?"

You both looked at him from the same position. "There's no violence here, boss..." you said, slowly climbing off Max.

"I can see that."

"Yeah, well, it happened so soon..."

"You guys go from zero to a thousand in a matter of days, don't you?" He said, shaking his head.

You giggled and looked at Max, who was already looking at you.

The boss just chuckled. "I was going to lecture you on the importance of one night stands at work but I can see this isn't like that..."

You shook your head, not ready to share more, but smiling enough to show him what it was about. You felt Max's arm around you, supporting you.

"This is so crazy, I heard that thud on the door after listening to what you were saying and heard 'suffocating' and 'stop talking' and it got me scared it escalated to another level, which it did but not to the one I was imagining..." he smiled, finally and went for your shoulders. "Take care, be mindful and enjoy, I'm happy for you. Goodnight."

"Night boss," you said in unison and laughed.

"I'm shocked now, let's get to bed." You said.

"Yes please, it's like parents walking in on you!" He laughed as he changed his clothes and waited for you.

You climbed onto the bed to your usual spot on the beds. "Night love."

"Night, snoepje." He said as he kissed the top of your head and settled there, like always.