Chapter 8

"Max I'm deeply bored." You said while laying on the floor. "We've watched a lot of movies, trained and even played board games together."

He hummed from his spot on the floor. "We should dance tonight..."

"What?"

"Yeah, let's put on some music and just dance while having dinner! You in?"

You reached out for his leg and tapped it softly, leaving your hand on his calf. "I'm totally in!"

That's how you moved the furniture and ordered chicken nuggets while dancing to some tunes in shuffle.

He was a good dancer, as it turned out, but the need to do some funny faces took the better of him, so he made you laugh a lot. He even tried to mimic George Michael's moves in Careless Whisper while you tried to feed him little pieces of food. Then you tried to dance some salsa, but couldn't coordinate your feet, so it ended up being anything but salsa. Frank Sinatra did also an appearance, with Fly me to the Moon and that one came out pretty well, since your core control was very good so you could spin a lot of times and even attempt at being lifted up on Max's arms.

The dancing continued, food long over by then.

"I'm so tired, this was your best idea so far!" You chuckled, out of breath.

He bowed and laughed a little, going for his bottle of water, as you turned towards your own. Max then put Careless Whisper again.

"We already did this one!" You said and looked at him, who was standing there with his hand out.

"Promise not to try and imitate George Michael this time," he said and took your hand, as he swayed you both with the music. You danced, slightly shy all of a sudden.

I feel so unsure, as I take your hand, and lead you to the dancefloor...

It seemed so quiet and serious, as you both moved softly with one another, giggly and coy, singing the lyrics all over again.

Though it's easy to pretend, I know you're not a fool...

You looked up at his face and he winked, which made you giggle again, never letting go of his hand, and enjoying more than ever the warmth emanating from his chest.

I'm never gonna dance again, the way I danced with you...

You slowly lifted your arms and wrapped them around his neck, still laying your head on his chest. Max rounded your waist with his arms and rested his head on yours. His heartbeat was thumping like it was race day, just like yours.

Tonight the music seems so loud, I wish that we could lose this crowd...

"Should we head to bed?" You whispered softly.

He hummed in approval and closed the laptop without letting you go, then moved towards his room. There you got into bed and in your usual position to sleep.

He kissed the top of your head and you cuddled his body more, as a goodnight.

--

The next day, you woke up and he wasn't there, so you got up and found him sitting on the balcony with a book. You smiled to yourself and went directly to him, kissing him on the cheek. He blushed instantly.

"Morning"

"Hello there, didn't want to wake you, I couldn't sleep anymore and I thought a good time to start on that book..." he smiled at you, playing with your hand.

You ruffled his hair. "Thanks for that," you said as you laid your body over the rails of the balcony in front of him. "Had breakfast already?"

"Nope, was waiting for you and getting hungry, so fifteen more minutes and you would have had me jumping on the bed to wake you up," he laughed.

You cackled. "If I knew I would have let that happen," you winked and left for the living room to find the menu.

After breakfast and training, Christian FaceTimed you both to see how it was going. You sat on the sofa and tried to be as civil and serious as you could.

"Have you toned down the discussions yet?" the boss wanted to know.

"I believe so, yes," Max said. "We sometimes argue, we can't help it."

"Not when you are that stubborn over the smallest things!" You said, and secretly nudged him.

He tried his best not to smile and kept up with your game. "Well excuse me for standing by my own principles!"

You rolled your eyes and just looked away. Christian had his face covered by his hands in frustration. "Guys..."

"What principles? Being an insufferable know it all?" You responded, ignoring Christian, and softly kicking Max's ankle.

"At least I know things and I don't reject knowledge from a good source!" He said, trying too hard not to laugh.

"Are you trying to be the good source here? I don't see it," you looked away, because it was getting too hard to maintain a straight face.

"Don't try that, you know I am your favourite, you just won't admit it anymore because I'm your competitor!" He said and used his index and thumb to press on either side of your knee, giving you an instant tickle, which made you let out a cackle.

You hid your face and tried to make it seem a sneeze.

"Guys stop it!" Christian pleaded. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, sorry boss, it's just a small sneeze from all the knowledge around here..." you smirked. "Excuse me, will clean up my nose." Then you left the sofa to try and laugh in silence while Max was still talking to Christian.

That's when you started to plan your revenge, making funny faces or weird dance moves behind the laptop to distract him, which didn't work for like two seconds, until Max had to cover his mouth to avoid laughing. You then came back to the screen and quickly took his hand so he wouldn't try and tickle you again.

Instead of doing any of the sorts, he intertwined his fingers with yours and kept stroking the back of your hand with his thumb. That gesture alone melted your heart and it took all your effort not to look at him and lay your head on his chest.

Christian gave a few more indications and explained the situation, which was getting worse with each passing day, and then pleaded again for you to fix your differences and get past the stage of bickering over everything. You told him you'd work on it and then hung up.

Once that was finished, you moved yours and Max's arm, without letting go of his hand, and put them around your shoulders, just so you could move and lay on his chest. He understood your moves and accommodated his body so you would fit perfectly.

It was an unspoken thing.