Chapter 6

The next morning, you woke up sleeping on Max's shoulder. He was playing with his phone.

"Morning, comfy?" He said.

"Sorry mate, you fell asleep and I did the same," you tittered. "And yes, very comfy, although my waist isn't all that happy."

"Tell me about it, I'm afraid I don't have a coccyx anymore! But I was comfy too, if I'm honest..."

Since you patched things up you both vowed to be honest with each other, so it was completely new for you to admit things to him, who until a few days ago, was your enemy. It felt oddly liberating not to tip toe around him.

He stretched and lay his head on yours. "Since when you're this soft to lay my head on?" He chuckled.

"Since you discovered you have a friend in me?"

"You seriously have to work on your jokes," he said.

You turned and pinched his side. "Take that back!"

"Bitch that hurt!" He moved while rubbing the spot.

You gasped. "You called me bitch you big baby!" You laughed at his scared expression and went to pinch him more.

He complained and tried to avoid your hands while laughing. "Sorry, it was just an expression! Let me go!"

"We train the same way, there is no escape!"

"Yes there is if I do the same to you!" He started pinching you back and you squealed because his hands were bigger than yours and it hurt.

"Fuck, Max, ouch!!" You screamed and moved back. "You pinched my boob!"

He stopped and swallowed a laugh. "Oh shit, I'm so sorry! Swear I wasn't going for it!"

You covered yourself with your arm and rubbed the mark over your clothes. "I will kill you, this really hurts!"

He let out a small laugh, "I'm sorry for laughing but this is truly funny."

"I hate you because it is but it also hurts like a real bitch!"

"Want me to rub it better?" He smirked.

You laughed and shook your head. "Go get some breakfast and make it good!"

A bit after, you were both eating your fruit in peace, with a nice pile of pancakes.

"How's your- um... your boob?" Sheepishly asked Max.

You giggled. "Hurts less, but it will leave a mark, I reckon."

"I could even it out for you, on the other one..." he said, moving his index and thumb like pincers.

"Max!"

He laughed. "Sorry, sorry, couldn't help it! Had a taste and now..." he winked.

"You seriously think of me that way?"

"What way?"

You just stared at him. "Honestly, Max"

"Well, you're an attractive woman, won't deny that," he shrugged, as if it wasn't a big thing. "And now I know you better, I definitely think you're a good deal." He smiled.

"Wow, that's... new"

"Bad news?"

"No, of course not. I asked so I got an answer..."

"And you? You think of me that way?"

You blushed but stared at him once again. "If I'm candid I never did, but I think you are very easy on the eyes and a good deal, like you said..."

"Fair enough, thank you," he giggled.

The conversation detoured after that and you moved onto training then pool time with the rest of the team.

They decided to play some improvised waterpolo, but you stayed on the side, with some of the others who just wanted a tan of the Australian sun. Max of course was playing and was captain of his team.

Suddenly, his words from the morning came back to you and it was like a veil was lifted off your eyes and your brain. You studied him being bossy and fun, coaching his team and jumping around trying to catch the ball and laughing when one of the players sunk him to win the ball. He came off the water and swayed his head around to style his hair and keep with the game. His torso was wet and bulky and his arms completely showed how much he works them. He then jumped to score and some of the guys went for his trousers and tried to bring them down, which Max caught quickly and pulled them up again. But not before you had a peek of his bum cheek. He was blushing hard while everyone catcalled him. You just chose to stay silent because you weren't sure what your comment would be.

Max never looked this gorgeously hot. And then he chose to laugh and insult the crew in Dutch, which apparently it was a known one because everyone laughed and flipped him the bird. The Dutch made him even more beautiful. And your head was a right mess, because you never thought of Max that way, but since he let you explore that side with his confessions this morning, all the thoughts you never had, came back flooding.