𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

-~-

-~-

"I was stressed with the case, I know I should've left after a few drinks, but I lost sense of myself." Sherlock said nervously, after Adeline had rounded on him when the door had shut behind Enola.

"You are quite right, you did lose sense of yourself. How were you planning to get home? Did you think to leave a note for me, when I inevitably started to worry about your disappearance?" Adeline started, stalking through the room and further away from the man.

"Well, I–"

"You talked a big game with Enola about observing all these things, but were unable to think about the consequences of your actions."

Adeline stopped at the wall, stared at herself in the mirror, and picked up an egg shaped, wooden, paper weight that was on a nearby table. Focusing her eyes on her husband behind her as he said,

"I would've found my way home."

"Is that right?" Adeline questioned, daring him to answer.

"Yes–"

Adeline turned and flung the paper weight towards the man who was vexing her more than anything else in that moment.

Sherlock managed to dodge it and looked at Adeline with wide and alarmed eyes.

"Addy?"

Grabbing another object – a book – Adeline once again hurled another thing towards him.

"You infuriate, no... enrage me, Sherlock Holmes."

Turning around to grab another object, Sherlock took his chance, and took three long strides towards her, caging his wife in his arms. Adeline struggled for only a few moments, before letting her head sag against his chest.

"I am sorry, my love." Sherlock said, as he lowered his own head to rest on hers.

"I know this particular case is perplexing you, but you must not let it consume you." Adeline told her husband. Adeline watched the two of them in the mirror on the wall, before turning in his arms.

Sighing into Sherlock's chest, Adeline let him hold her for a long minute.

"I will not pretend to be happy with your choices, but I am glad you are home in one piece." Adeline said, pulling away.

"It won't happen again." Sherlock reassured her.

"It better not."

-~-

After an eventful morning, the married couple were slowly starting to clean the mess that had become their apartment. Well Sherlock was cleaning, Adeline was supervising.

When all of a sudden Enola Holmes re-appeared at their home for the second time that day,, not only bursting through the door, but in mens clothes.

Sherlock and Adeline shared a look before the questions started.