𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

-~-

Enola sighed, and walked to the window, where she then stared, fixated on something out of the window.

Adeline couldn't help but feel sorry for the girl. Enola was only trying her hardest and Sherlock wasn't giving her the time of day.

Walking towards Enola, Adeline reached out and put her hand on Enola's shoulder, which startled her out of whatever trance she was in.

"Do you have any recent newspapers?" Enola asked.

"Yes, I'll go grab some." Adeline answered, confused as to where this had come from, but knowing the Holmes siblings, this meant that they were up to something.

Adeline gathered the few newspapers she could find around the apartment, which included The Graphic and The Gentleman's Magazine. The plopping them down one by one at Sherlock's desk, where Enola had sat herself.

Enola then opened the top one and went through them. Adeline, not being able to contribute, sat down on the chair opposite Enola, and watched on, intrigued.

After a couple of minutes of Enola leafing through the pages, she said aloud,

"Match Makers Ball. Hosted by Henry and Hilda Lyon. 12 Marchmont Square." Then mumbled something else.

"I heard that was on tonight, I suppose you'll be going then?" Adeline questioned her sister (in-law, but not really). Although Enola wasn't listening, she was once again lost in thought.

"Enola? Tell me what is running through your mind." Adeline requested.

"The Poppy fellow isn't a Poppy at all. He's a Sweet William, a sweet William Lyon." Enola explained with a far away look in her eyes before snapping out of it.

"I'm going to a ball."

"I thought as much. Will you be needing a dress?" Adeline asked. Enola only made a disgruntled noise and nodded.

"Perfect! I have waited for this moment, Enola. You are really quite troublesome when it comes to the basic art of being a female."

Adeline swept out of the room and into her bedroom, where she pulled out a multitude of dresses that she no longer was in need of. Grabbing them in her arms she brought them into the living room where she then laid them on the couch in front of Enola.

"I believe this pink one will suit your skin tone just lovely." Adeline started pointing to the first one.

"But there is also this light purple one which–"

"This one will do." Enola said abruptly, pointing at a green one.

"Enola! You are no fun." Adeline groaned, one day I'll get her to dress up, Adeline thought to herself.