𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓

-~-

-~-

It was early morning, and Adeline had awoken and dressed herself, and was now walking down the hall to breakfast. Although Adeline didn't make it far before the shouting voice of Mycroft was heard from Enola's room.

Fearing an argument of large proportions, Adeline reached the room as fast as she could to try and stop the impending argument. Only when she arrived Mycroft was standing over Enola's bed shouting for Sherlock.

"Mycroft, calm yourself. What is the matter?" Adeline asked as she quickly walked over to his side. Both he and Mrs Lane were gathered at the side of Enola's messy bed, Adeline gasped seeing the doll left in the place of Enola. Clever girl.

"Exactly, Adeline. Enola has gone. I can only summarise that the wild ways of our mother has truly infected Enola." Mycroft claimed.

"Now Mycroft, do not be so rash in your accusations. I'll go get Sherlock and we'll see what he has to say." Adeline said and took off towards Sherlock's room which was around the corner from her own.

Adeline was travelling at a speed that in Miss Harrison's opinion would have been unacceptable, but Adeline wasn't in the mood to deal with Mycroft's up-tightness much longer.

As she turned the corner to get to Sherlock's room, she collided with a body. Sherlock. His arms came up to stop her from stumbling.

Adeline blushed at the feeling of having Sherlock so close, but straightened herself out.

"Enola's missing." Adeline swiftly said.

"What?" Sherlock said loudly with surprise.

"She's not in bed, and in her place she left a large doll and the drawing she did of Mycroft." Adeline turned around to walk in the direction of Enola's bedroom Sherlock quickly following.

They arrived back to the room in question, where Mycroft was muttering incessantly under his breath.

"Mycroft." Sherlock said.

Mycroft turned around with an enraged look in his eye.

"She's gone. Taken off without a thought of anything or anyone else."

Adeline quietly slipped out of the room, not in the mood for Mycroft, but in the mood for her breakfast.

-~-

"So now we've lost them both." Sherlock said, Adeline walked up and placed her hand on his shoulder giving it a comforting squeeze, before walking to the other side of the room looking around.

"I presume you have no clue as to where she's gone, Mrs Lane?" Sherlock asked

"No, they found her bicycle."

"Planted so as to send us in the wrong direction." Sherlock said with a grin on his face. Adeline could tell he was catching on to just how intelligent Enola is.

"This isn't as fun as you might think, Master Sherlock. She has your wits." Mrs. Lane started.

"She runs rings around me just as easily as you and Miss Courtenay once did, but..."

"Yes." Sherlock inquired.

"She knows nothing of the world. I must admit to being quite seriously concerned for her." Mrs. Lane expressed. Adeline and Sherlock shared a worried look.

"Mycroft will make sure to find her."

"Well Mycroft isn't as blessed as you are. As she is" Mrs. Lane said. Sherlock turned around and started walking towards the corner of the room which held many paintings of Chrysanthemums.

Adeline sat down on the bed and started patting her surroundings as Mrs. Lane continued speaking to Sherlock.

As Adeline's hands swept under the pillow they hit something rather hard. Adeline pulls what she hit out, and grins. A small pine cone by the name of Dash.

"You've already abandon her once, sir. I'm asking that you don't abandoned her again." With her last words, Mrs. Lane exited the room. Sherlock frowned staring off out the window.

Adeline stood up and walked towards him with her hand outstretched. Sherlock looked up his face still showing a frown, but when he saw what was in Adeline's hand his eyes lit up. He looked up at her and asked.

"Where did you find this?"

"Under your mother's pillow." Adeline smiled at him.

"We'll find her. I know we will." Adeline said. Despite Adeline's admission of Enola being clever, she was still severely worried for her safety.

"I'm sure we will. It's about getting to her before something terrible happens." Sherlock responded with a thoughtful look on his face.

-~-

Sherlock and Adeline had just arrived at Basilwether Station, the train station Sherlock suspected Enola made her escape from.

Sherlock held his arm out for Adeline as she climbed out of the carriage. She took it and sent a look of thanks. As they walked into the station arm in arm Adeline asked.

"Do you think anyone saw her, or that she'd let herself be seen?"

"No I don't think anyone would've seen her, but we can at least ask." Sherlock remarked.

They arrived at the ticket office, a man with a ginger beard sat inside with a bored look on his face.

"Good afternoon, we were hoping to inquire if you've sold to any single ticket passengers, most likely a young female with brown hair and eyes?" Sherlock inquired to the man.

The man sighed and dragged a hand down his face.

"There have been many a missing children catching trains today." The man said. Adeline and Sherlock shared a look.

"And can we ask what you mean by that?" Adeline asked.

"I've already had one raving family through here looking for their child. A marquess apparently" He replied. Sherlock and Adeline shared a look.

"But to answer your question, no. I haven't sold a ticket to a single, female passenger." He continued.

"I see, thank you." Sherlock responded, and he and Adeline turned around and walked back to the carriage.

"Where do we go from here?" Adeline asked. Sherlock helped her back into the carriage.

"Just because he didn't sell a single, female passenger a ticket doesn't mean she wasn't there, or that she didn't catch the train." Adeline continued.

"My thoughts exactly. And to where we go from here. I'll join Mycroft in London, I think I have found some evidence to suggest Mother might have gone there." Sherlock responded.

"London?" Adeline queried.

"Yes, and I'd like for you to join me, if you don't have any prior engagements." He replied back with a smile.

"I'd love to."

-~-

𝒐𝒎𝒈 𝒊'𝒎 𝒔𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔, 𝒊 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒙𝒙

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒊'𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒍𝒄𝒐𝒌 𝒊𝒔 𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒎𝒂𝒐