Chapter Nine.

MAXON WAS RIGHT ON TIME

MAXON WAS RIGHT ON TIME. Ashley was gone. I quite liked her, I was with my maids when he knocked, I had forgotten to tell them he was coming. "Oh Prince Maxon!" Nicole exclaimed and the other two came running. "My Prince!" Poppy said curtsying. "Your all free to leave, thanks for your help." I say to them and they look disappointed. "My lady." They say before exiting. "There an energetic bunch." Maxon says sitting on my bed. "Oh I know! I love them truly I just hate that I have to boss them around so much." I say sighing. "Why's that?" Maxon says looking amused. "There one caste below me, I've lived amongst sixes, I don't like that I have to boss them about, it makes me feel horrible." I say as I set up my paints. "I understand what you mean, but most maids like their jobs here, we treat them well I assure you." He says looking over at my paints. "I don't doubt you do, but I feel awful doing it." I say as I finish setting my canvas up. "Okay sit here." I say dragging my dressing table stool over to an empty wall, thank god I haven't painted the room yet or I'll never have found a good spot for the painting. "Now pose." I say and he looks lost. "Pose!" I repeated and he gave me a look. "You expect me to believe you can't pose?" I say rolling my eyes. "I'm always told what to pose as!" He says defensively. "Oh my god." I say going over to him. "Put your leg over your other leg." I say and he does it. "Put your arm on your leg." I say and he does it wrong. "Oh my let me do it!" I say grabbing his arm by the wrist and placing it the way I want. "Better." I say moving the other arm to lay flat on his other leg. "Good?" He says and I ignore. "No." I say as I put my hand under his chin and tilt it up so he's looking into my eyes, for a second I feel something in his eyes, I couldn't tear myself away from them. There a gorgeous brown colour, I could feel myself melting in them. I had to stop this.

He was the first to tear his eyes away, that moment made me realise what I had been doing. I quickly busied myself with my paints to hide the blush creeping onto my cheeks. "This pose is uncomfortable." Maxon wines. "Pain is beauty." I reply and he rolls his eyes. "No it's not." He replies back. "Shh I'm trying to work." I say and he shuts up. "Why did you dismiss six of the girls already?" I say, I hate working in silence. "Does it matter?" "No but I want to know." I say mixing some more paints. "I had to remove the people I knew I didn't have a connection with straight away. No need to keep people who I think don't want me." He says looking at me for a reaction. "Makes sense. That kinda helped me too, you removed the girls who were giving me dirty looks so that's good, I couldn't be bothered to deal with their shit anymore." I say and then I gasp. "Oh shit I just said shit in-front of you, silva's going to murder me!" I say and Maxon laughs. "Oh please she's always about to kill somebody." "Did America's sister cry?" I ask changing the subject. "No she didn't. I'm giving her the pants anyways." He replies. "Oh that's nice." I say. "Don't repeat this to anyone." He says seriously. "I won't." I say looking up at him. "After you left In the hallway America was there, she was begging to go outside. I let her out and she was screaming at me. Today she said that she will never love me and that she will be my friend instead. Do you think that was wise?" He said and all I could do was blink. That was a lot to take in. "So she yelled at you and said she would never love you and now your best friends?" I say looking  him dead in the eye.