trust issues

^^^^ the auto shop

Mayson

It was a very busy Friday evening at the auto shop. Manuel had left again, no surprise there. Today and the weekends are always the busiest, due to everybody being out of school and work.

I was closing up the shop, sweeping while fighting to stay awake. It was currently 11:55pm and I could not wait to just go home after a long week.

I heard the bell above the door ring, meaning someone had come in and mentally face palm myself for not putting the closed sign up.

I put down the broom and walk around the corner to the door, "Sorry we're closer if-" I start, eyes widening when I realized who it was, "Paris?!"

"Mayson?!" She says, form going from anxious to startled, "What are you doing here?"

I look around confused, "I work here?"

"Oh." She says, shocked.

I shake my head, "Never mind that, what are you doing here? Especially on this side of town." I ask bewildered.

She opened her mouth to answer before a voice behind her interrupts her, "This place has definitely upgraded since the last time we've been here. I mean look at the-" A dark haired girl gushes, "Oh. Hello, did I interrupt something?" She smirks knowingly between us.

"No." Paris said, rolling her eyes, "I was just-" Paris tried before she was interrupted yet again, "Can we hurry this up? It's cold and I wanna go home." A red head grumbled walking in.

What is this, the Powerpuff Girls? When I came into work today, I wasn't expecting to see Paris and then two more extremely gorgeous people.

Honestly I thought the thing that pretty people stick together was a myth but I guess not.

"Well I'm trying to sort this out here, but every time I try to get a sentence in, one of you idiots, interrupts me." Paris snaps.

The dark haired girl raised her hands in a innocent way while the red head just rolled her eyes.

Paris took a deep breathe before turning back to me, face flushed with anger, eyebrows creased together, and lips twitching into a scowl. She was wearing grey jeans, a black puffer jacket,
a white beanie, and white Converse. If she wasn't extremely mad right now, I would totally be telling her how nice she looked, "Where's Manuel?" She asked firmly.

"Uhh, he left a while ago." I answered, "Why is there something you need done?" I asked.

Ok, I know I said I wanted nothing more but to go home. But that was before I bumped into Paris so cut me some slack.

She closes her eyes hard and lets out a shaky breathe, seemingly in the verge of tears, "Hey, are you okay?" I question, advancing forward, "What's wrong?" I ask, guiding her to an open seat.

"God this is so embarrassing." She says looking up at the ceiling, tears falling down her checks.

I snort. "Look who you're talking to, I'm the master of embarrassment." I smile.

She chuckles, tears still in her eyes before replying, "My grandpa has this car. A 1974 Chevy Camaro Z28." She says quietly.

I let out a low whistle, "That's a hella nice car."

"I know." She laughs unamused, "There was this party at my house. It wasn't even my choice, Leon just said he wanted to come over to talk. Then the next thing I know, half the school is in my house." She says looking down at her hands.

"Things obviously escalated way too quickly and before I know it, someone found their way into the garage."

"The dumbasses took my grandpas car out for a joyride and wrecked it because they were shit faced." She said angrily.