aphrodite on earth

Paris

"Hello ma'am? It's after school hours you can't be in here." The office lady said after I walked into the school building.

Someone has to know something about what happened to Mayson and if not, I guarantee one of the cameras got something.

"That's okay, I'm just here to talk to Mr. Deacon." I smile sweetly at her.

"Do you have an appointment?" She narrows her eyes at me.

"Just tell him Paris Du Pont is here to see him" I say a little irritated.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, school hours are closed. Now if you want to come back in the morning and schedule an appoint-" She starts before a booming voice from behind me interrupts her, "Paris! It's lovely to see you, what brings you by?" Mr. Deacon smiles.

I give him a polite smile back, "Just wanted to have a few words with you is all."

"Sure, come on in." He nods and leads me to his office.

I pass the receptionist and give her a small smirk to which she scowls at me.

Once we reach Mr. Deacon's office, he closes the door and motions for me to sit down in front of him, "So what can I do for you Paris?"

"First off, thank you for taking the time to talk to me." I smile.

What? You gotta sweet talk them first.

"There was an incident that happened to one of my friends earlier today, so do you think you could check the cameras of the hallway it happened in to see if it caught something?" I ask.

His eyebrow twitches and he shifts his body uncomfortably. He definitely knows something.

"I'm sorry Paris, but it's against the rules to show security footage to students." He frowns.

"Its a very important matter, I wouldn't be coming to you if it wasn't." I say calmly.

"I'm afraid it's out of my hands Paris." He shakes his head, "But if you give me the names of the students involved in the incident I may be able to see what happened to Ms. Amore." He smiles like he did something.

Hah. Gotcha bitch.

"I never said anything about who my friend was." I narrow my eyes at him.

Mr. Deacon freezes and quickly goes red in the face.

Yeah, I got you now fucker.

"And if you knew it was Mayson involved, you know what happened and who did it." I say calmly.

He opens his mouth to say a word but nothing comes out, "Now if you don't mind, instead of sitting there with you mouth open like a fish, would you please pull up the security footage of the P.E. hallway on December 8th at 1:47pm." I smile sweetly.

He goes into the back room without another word while I sit back and wait.

"You can't tell anyone about this." He warns when he walks back in with a computer in his hand.

"Would you just roll the damn tape Jerry." I snap.

He huffs and switches it on. On the screen I can see Mayson walking down the hallway, avoiding all the cracks in the floor like she usually does with a small smile on her face that I can't help smiling at.

When she passes the boy's locker room, I see two guys jump out and shove her inside.

I most definitely know them from somewhere but I can't place my finger on it.

"Go back 10 minutes earlier." I mutter.

"Why, you already found the people who grabbed Ms. Amore." He frowns.