FORTY THREE

OUT NOW ON WATTPAD!

Word Count: 1610

~Aspen

It takes me a day to recover.

Kastriv doesn't leave my side the entire time, patiently waiting for me to regain my confidence after my encounter with my mother. Has hasn't pushed me, which is probably because he doesn't want me to go through with this anyway.

I have no other choice. That's why today, I'm doing it.

"You don't have to do this," Kastriv reminds me quietly, watching me pace across the room, making sure everything is in place.

This has to go right.

"I know, I know. But I need to do this," I tell him firmly. It's exactly what I've been telling him all night. He hasn't been interested in listening, though. He's pushed and pushed with the hope of changing my mind, but nothing can.

This is the only chance I'm going to have to save my own life, and all other Demon's.

"It's not too late to find another way," Kastriv breathes, grabbing my hand to stop me from pacing.

"It is, and you know that," I remind him pointedly, standing between his legs as he sits on the edge of the bed.

He rests his hands on my waist. "I don't want anything to happen to you."

"It won't, I've got this handled. All you need to do is give me access to your mind, and I can get it done," I say, forcing a smile onto my face as I tap his temple.

I'm trying not to come off nervous. If Kastriv knows how daunting this is for me, he won't let me do it. But knowing what is riding on my ability is why I have to, so any fear I have, I need to get over it.

"Just know I love you, alright?" He murmurs, a concerned frown creasing between his brow.

I nod, leaning forward to kiss his forehead. "I know, Kastriv. I love you too."

Sitting next to him, I draw my legs up onto the bed, getting into a comfortable position. Kastriv let's me slip my hands onto his, giving me a lasting look.

"Good luck," he murmurs.

Closing my eyes, a summon a deep breath, finding the powers deep within me.

It's much easier for me to slip into Kastriv's mind now. I'm getting scarily used to invading his mind, which isn't something I want to continue once we are done with all this.

In fact, I don't want to use my powers at all if I can help it.

Soon enough, I feel myself fall into Kastriv's mind, allowing me to open his eyes so I can see into the spirit realm as he can.

The spirit stands right beside the bed, waiting.

I flinch a little. I'm still not used to seeing an exact version of myself staring back at me, especially when my body still sits on the bed, eyes closed, my conciousness completely drawn from it.