Downtime again, and meeting Ash

08:00, GMT+9, December 21st, 1960, in a residential area near Kure:

Kaga were trying out some hairpins then Akagi put on a blue flower hairpin on Kaga.

Akagi: It looks good, doesn't it?

Kaga: *blushing* I think it would look much better with you, dear sister.

Akagi: Don't be so modest. This color is beautiful on you, Kaga. *paid for the hairpin*

Nearby them, six Mutsuki-class destroyer girls were running to buy some treats. The seventh one, Uzuki, struggle to catch up with the rest. The Mutsuki splitted up to avoid Kaga but Uzuki lost balance and bumped into the carrier. Kaga looked down to see who bumped her at the same time Uzuki looking up. The destroyer was shivering in fear. Kaga told her to be careful next time, however Uzuki remained scared. The other Mutsuki anxiously apologized to Kaga and the carrier tried to assure them that she was not angry, but her stern face made them think otherwise. Mutsuki gave Kaga some lolipops, who was being confused, to ask for her forgiveness. Akagi walked to to sight of commotion, taking Mutsuki's lolipops then gave then some candy in return, effectively diffusing the misunderstanding between them. The destroyer girls happily left afterwards

09:20. GMT-10, at the Azur Lane Residential Area, business is going smoothly, with more shops joining the rows of shops and stalls, one of them include Akashi's convenient store.

Enterprise: There are more shops now.

Belfast: This place is growing more lively.

At the Ping Hai sisters's dumpling stall, Portland bought a dozen of them to share with her sister Indianapolis. Houston was quite concerned of the amount of dumplings. At Akashi's shops, Langley was buying new books for the academy, while some sailors and officers were buying everyday goods and electronics.
Men and machines, both of them were coexisting peacefully. The men saw shipgirls as humans (more accurately, overpowered humans) just like them, and anyone who thought otherwise will be ostracized

Enterprise: This area has grown quite nicely.

Belfast: Indeed

At the dock space reserved for shipgirls, Laffey and Javelin are swabbing a destroyer. Javelin sighed while sweeping, she can't stop thinking about Ayanami, about how she wanted to be friends with her despite being enemies. Laffey broke her out of her thoughts by a shot from the water pipe. In the afternoon, the girls went to Pearl Harbor's onsen for a hot bath, then everyone went to do their favorite pastimes. 

On the Sakura Empire's side (21:50, 12/21/1960 GMT+9), Kaga was having some sips of sake but got disturbed by Eugen. Other Sakura Empire ships went on to have nighwalks near the beaches or in the residential areas. Some Iron Blood shipgirls spend the night trying out Sakuran cuisine. But there was one ship who did not have the mood to relax. At all.

"THEY DARE LAID THEIR HANDS ON YOU? ON MY MOTHER?"

Friedrich: Calm down, my child, it was just some repairable damage. I am fully repaired, as you can seem so you don't have to worry.

???: HOW CAN I NOT BE WORRIED WHEN YOU ALMOST SUNK? HOW CAN I NOT BE WORRIED THAT THE FIRST PERSON TO TREAT ME NICELY BARELY ESCAPE WITH HER LIFE?

The girl stopped yelling to catch some breath. Shallow breaths, then deep, periodic breaths to calm herself down.

???: I'm sorry for losing my temper, mother.

Friedrich: I know you are worry about me, so you are forgiven.

???: I should have been there to protect you, dear mother. Next time I'll be there to protect you, I promise.

Friedrich: I'll know you would say that. Come, let your mother give you a hug.