Chapter Six

PEOPLE AT THE kingdom felt a small tremor caused by the explosion of Elsa's snow tornado. But they could have never expected what would follow after it.

A rain of ice spikes!

The unusual rain spared no place to storm. Every corner received a heavy amount of spikes. Unfortunately for the people who were outside the courtyard of the castle, they all took the hit. It went through their bodies like a laser beam from the sky. Blood gushed and smeared on the cold ground. The white snow turned red.

The people went berserk as they tried to evade the ice spikes but it only caused a stampede when they all rushed to take shelter in the castle's Great Hall. Others fell after they stumbled on a dead body on the ground and eventually got hit with an ice spike and died in an instant.

Thunderous screams rose within the kingdom. Though many people were able to take shelter inside the castle, several of them were also unable to make it. The unusual rain lasted for about ten minutes, taking the lives of more than ten people.

"What is happening to our kingdom!"

"This is the queen's entire fault. If it weren't for her, none of this would've happened!" The duke is still adamant about putting the blame on Elsa. No matter how the princess defends her sister, he knows the truth that the monster causing all the misfortune is the queen!

"My lord, please don't say things like that in front of the people again," Gerda finally intervenes. "The princess and the queen are both good people. They would never do anything to harm others."

"And we believe that our princess will do anything to stop this winter," Kai added.

"Do you really believe that neither of them is the monster?"

Gerda leans a bit closer to the duke and whispered, "My lord, if you don't stop, the people will finally think of you as someone passing the blame to others when you're the actual monster yourself."

"W-what?" his effusive surprise justified Gerda's threat.

The Great Hall was filled with the people's mourn. After the rain stopped they immediately rushed to their loved ones who were killed in the process. Their agonizing cries marked that day history as one of the most terrifying tragedies that ever occurred in Arendelle.

"Terrible! This is truly terrible!" exclaimed another duke. "Ominous events are happening one after another. Can this be stopped?"

Kai answered, "I believe so. The princess stated that she and Her Majesty will do anything to stop all this. Let us have faith in them."

"I guess you are right." Royal guards are now busy attending to the dead bodies outside, covering them with a black cloth before taking them away. "I suppose that is the only thing we can do for now."

Unbeknownst to them, the Duke of Weselton already set out a plan in mind. Fortunately for him, he was able to convince several royal soldiers from Arendelle to take his side. While everyone was not looking, he exited the Great Hall, and they went forth to the meeting room.

"Is everyone here?" asked the duke.

"Yes, my lord."

The warm fireplace is only what illuminated the room but the duke's grave expression and the desperation in his eyes are evidently witnessed by his companions.

"Very good, now, we all know that this madness will only end unless we kill the main cause of it. I want you all to go forth and after the princess. Follow her trail. I know she will not let her sister be punished. Should the both of them resist, be sure to silence them and put an end to this eternal winter."

"You want us to kill our queen and princess?" asked one royal soldier.

"Think of it as giving justice to the families who lost their loved ones in the hands of the monster queen."

THE PATH ANNA had taken undergone further difficulty. Aside from the thick snow over the place, the tremor that she felt frightened the horse, causing it to go berserk. The princess fell off its back as it ran away.

"What was that tremor?" She curiously looks up to the North Mountain.

Oblivious to what's coming next, the princess lets out a small screech when something sharp suddenly grazed her arm, causing it to bleed.

"What is this?" She picked up what fell beside her and realized what lethality it was.

"Ice spike?"

The princess instinctively takes cover through the trees just when the rain of ice spikes bombarded her. But her strategy seemed to be useless because the lethal ices are piercing through the trees. She was left with no choice but to run amidst the snow. Not knowing where to go all she knows is that she has to get away.

Anna acquired several injuries along the way. Some ice had even pierced through her back but it didn't stop her. She ran for what felt like forever until she ran out of snowy ground to go further and fell off a small cliff. She rolled down the snow-covered grass and went straight into the freezing river.

"You really should watch where you're going, princess." A voice startled her. She looks up and meets the face of the man she saved.

"Kristoff!"

The exhilarated Anna jumps into Kristoff's arms. The latter was unprepared causing them both to collide and fell on the snow.

"I had thought you wouldn't make it!" Anna straddled on him, beaming with excitement. The pain of her wounds was endured.

"Well, you know I'm not going to let anything happen to my extraordinary best friend."

"Best friend?" she raised an eyebrow.

Kristoff grinned in delight. He sits up and gently pinches her nose. "I've sworn to protect you and Elsa, remember? If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here today. I owe you my life."

Anna chuckled upon recalling the memory. "Yeah. That was indeed one of the most unusual moments I've seen in my life." Anna proceeds to cup Kristoff's cheek; she closed the gap between their faces and sealed their lips.

ANNA AND KRISTOFF proceeded on the journey after he mended her wounds. And together they rode Kristoff's horse. It was dark but the two couldn't wait for daylight knowing that there is someone else that is after Elsa's life.

Before Kristoff left the castle, he had inadvertently heard the duke and his men about his plans on ending the winter his way.

"How many of them had turned against us?" Anna softly asked. "I can't imagine that someone from the inside would betray us for gold."

"The duke promised them a fat reward."

|||

Voxciera