Chapter Ten

ANNA'S BREATH WAS shaking. Her heart is restless as she tries and comprehends what just happened.

Elsa has two personalities? B-but how?

Queen devilishly chuckled as she marches towards her frozen stiff sister. She loved the horrified expression on Anna's freckled face.

Queen lifted her cold hand and caressed Anna's cheek. She then sluggishly traces Anna's jawline.

"You know, I could kill you right here and now. You're a hindrance to Elsa."

Recovering and overcoming her fear, Anna finally spoke, "Elsa will never allow you."

"Is that so? Elsa is not even brave enough to kill herself." She cackled. Queen then grabbed Anna by the neck. Anna's feet dangled above the ice floor as Queen lifted her small body.

"Goodbye, princess. It was truly nice meeting you."

Anna's struggle was futile. Queen's too strong. She's losing air. Black started coming from the corner of her eyes. Her strength slowly evades her body, her arms feel numb but she could feel her blood rushing at her fingertips. I-is this the end of me? Her body turns paler and paler. But just when she thought it's over, she suddenly dropped flat on the floor.

Anna coughed and gasped for air. Loud grunts and groans distracted the princess. Upon lifting her head, she came to meet her companion valiantly battling her powerful sister.

"You could've killed her!" Kristoff bellowed in anger.

Anna stands back on her feet and weakly approaches him. "What are you doing here? You were supposed to be guarding outside!"

His brows furrowed. "If I hadn't arrived on time you'd already be reunited with your parents."

"I was fine. My sister would never hurt me."

"Are you sure? Because that sounded like the opposite of what I just witnessed."

Their conversation was interrupted when Queen intervenes.

"We're you just concerned for my sister, Kristoff?"

Anna stands baffled in the middle. "Wait, what? You two know each other? But how?" Kristoff has never met Elsa. Anna would know if he had.

Queen seemed too delighted to see the jealousy raining down on Anna's face. "You're not having an affair with my sister, are you?"

"No! I would never!" Kristoff instantly denied.

"C-can someone---?"

Queen playfully chuckled. "He used to spend a night in my room."

"Wait, what?" Anna turns to him instead. "Is that true?"

"We have far more important things to worry than this, Anna."

"Tell me the truth," she demanded.

"There is nothing to tell."

"Why are you avoiding the question? Answer me!"

Kristoff groaned in frustration. "So, what if it's true? What does it matter to you?"

Anna was beyond surprised. Queen's laughter dominated the room.

"Of course, you wouldn't deny that darling. You loved every second of it."

Anna became completely immobile after what she just heard. Her heart was raging wildly inside her like a beast wanting to be released. Her mind was not different, her thoughts were in disarray. They have betrayed me.

Kristoff called her numerous times but Anna remained unmoved. So, he cupped her face and forced her to look at him.

"Anna, listen to me, the duke and his men are here."

His words instantly snapped Anna back. "What? Then we must go now!"

"W-what about Elsa?"

"Elsa is not here, darling. But what can mere humans do against me?"

"Kristoff, we have to go!"

"But we can't just leave Elsa," Kristoff insisted.

"Darling, I am a queen who needs no knight."

Out from her palms, she releases tremendous snow in the middle of the room. It turned into a blizzard and out from it came a very large human figure with huge glowing red ice crystals on its back. The faceless snow human appears to be twice as tall as Kristoff and the fingertips of his huge hands protrude red ice spikes.

He growled at them despite his lacking a mouth. Anna and Kristoff were prompted to run away as the snow human chased after them.

"Kill them all, my pet."

The slippery ice made both Anna and Kristoff lose their balance after reaching the entrance. This caused them to fall off and roll down the ice staircase. Kristoff's horse waiting below perceived the snow human and he whined.

The two immediately mounted the horse in haste and flees. Unfortunately for them, the snow human had released from his fingertips a series of ice spikes that trailed after the two. It flew in the air swiftly.

"Kristoff, behind us!" Anna notified.

Kristoff maneuvered his horse through a zigzag pattern to evade the ice spikes. He succeeded, causing them to hit the snowy ground instead. But even after they came down from the mountains, some spikes are still pursuing them from behind like mindful beings. Kristoff took the path to the forest. With the trees standing tall everywhere, Kristoff made it with ease to take them all down.

Suddenly, Kristoff stops the horse after exiting the forest. "Are you certain it's alright that we left her?"

"I know what to do. We must hurry back to Arendelle now!" Anna demanded.

"You're going to save her, right? A-and what you heard back there---"

"She's my sister, Kristoff," Anna cuts him. "Now, let us hurry back."

He was reluctant but in the end he chooses to follow Anna. The duke must have arrived at the ice castle by now. Kristoff saw the flag of Arendelle that the soldiers carried and he was immediately notified of their coming. They could have stayed behind and helped Elsa. But it seems like Anna had some other plans. Whatever it may be, he prays that it's for the good of the queen.

Please, be safe... Elsa and Queen.

|||

Voxciera