2: For You, Perseverance

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

『にゃんとかにゃる!』

❝ It will work out in nya end, somemeow! ❞ 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

You didn't wake back into reality.

That's fine.

It's fine!

Perhaps this was your body's way of telling you to spend more time in this dream world of yours. You don't mind that— it's only for a while after all, right? The next time you open your eyes, you'll wake up in your room, you’ll see the morning sun filtering through your windows, and then you'll be happy 'cause you got a small glimpse of this world. All will be good and all will be well, so there's nothing to worry about! 

Yeah, right

Who are you kidding?

There's no way this is a dream. And you're not going to risk being careless just because you hope it's a dream. 

This is the world of Boku no Hero Academia, the world of Quirks, heroes and villains. You'd be pretty dumb if you roam aimlessly where hotshots will fight each other at any given time. You may be a cat but who says you're nimble enough to escape if a hero and a villain fought each other? 

The good thing about being a cat, though, is the existence of your cuteness meter.

Humans are very dumb when it comes to cute things. You just have to walk up to them with your big, cat eyes, meow or purr, and soon you'll have them at your beck and call. Call it your survival instincts, but it aided you in your time of need; unlimited food, water, pats— the only thing you are missing is a shelter to be safe in. 

Clearly, an alleyway in the middle of a city is not an ideal place to live in. Especially when you were next to a kid who will be abducted by the big bad villain soon.

This kid, your new companion, was still asleep even after you explored the nook and cranny of all the alleyways near you, and you doubt he'd wake up any time sooner. 

Of course he won't— he cried all day! 

He was awake crying, he went to sleep crying, and even in dreamland he was still crying. He should have been resting but here he was, spending all the energy he had into crying. 

You don’t consider yourself a fan of the franchise. You just watched the first few seasons of the anime, read a bit of the manga, while the rest of your knowledge came from spoilers in fanfics. And these spoilers in fanfics can end up saving your butt if you'd just remember them.

But alas, you could not remember anything of worthy. And you probably don't need to— the fact that Shimura Tenko was still crying here instead of lifelessly staring into nothingness, it meant only one thing:

You had been transported to this world in an early timeline.

Like, really, really early.

Let's assume that maybe this was just a day or week after Tenko had disintegrated his family. You don't know when exactly All For One will abduct him, but the fact that you're early meant that you had the advantage of taking Tenko farther away from the man.

Of course, what can a mere cat, like you, do? 

You don't have the means to raise him, you don't even have the means to communicate to him and help soothe out the hole within his heart— cause you're just a cat.