6: A Hangout of Convenience

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

『無表情にゃ男! 』

❝ He is an e-meow-tionless man! ❞ 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Tenko never released you from his arms, not even once.

In normal circumstances, you wouldn't be bothered by it. The boy seemed to know how to pat you enough to make you feel comfortable, which you assumed was because of his dog in the past. He also calmed down whenever his hands touched your fur, and as his new guardian who didn't want him to feel any distress anymore, it's a good thing for you: getting nice and comfy pats while comforting someone else? it's a win-win situation.

Until it's not anymore.

You are losing here.

Losing the chance to get pats from Aizawa Shota himself, the man who has boundless love for cats underneath that tired gaze of his. 

Now, you are not saying Tenko is less important than Aizawa’s pats, because you definitely know that the entirety of Japan would crumble if Tenko ever strays into the path of villainy.

But, come on.

You're a cat!

And the characters you loved, the ones you saw on the screen, are right in front of you.  They have the ability to give you their full attention and care without it being weird or too clingy! It's a once in a lifetime chance! 

Is it that wrong to desire an indulgence on your part? 

"Being a guardian is so difficult," you grumbled, stretching your cat arms across Tenko’s chest. "Come on, Tenko! Let me hug Aizawa one more time! Who knows if we'll get to meet him later on? This place is huge as hell and we don't have a permanent home anyway so let's just cuddle with him for a while. Please?" 

Shirakumo glanced at you past his shoulders. "I just noticed, but your cat is really talkative, huh?" 

Tenko simply looked down at you, blinking. "They… they're always like this…" 

His voice was almost drowned by the passing vehicles and your whines. But the two students seemed to focus on him well, so they just smiled (or Shirakumo grinned, hands behind his head, while Aizawa had that ghost of a smile that you barely even saw since he looked away fast).

"Well, they must be a fun company to be with, then!" Shirakumo slowed, walking only a few feet away from Tenko. "Any particular food you and your cat would like to eat? I'd let Shota treat you guys to a restaurant but we're pretty broke right now so we can only afford a convenience store for now!"

"What are you even saying?" Aizawa deadpanned. "You're the one who wants to do this, so you should be the one who pays for their food." 

The dark-haired boy soon stopped in his tracks, then he beckoned for Tenko, who looked at him with a cautious blink. 

"Come here," Aizawa stepped to the side. "It's dangerous if you walk too far from the sidewalk." 

Tenko’s grip on you tightened. He looked at you, the same look he does when he's asking reassurance, and you just stared back at him with a nod— or you tried to, since you ended up yawning instead. 

Still, that was enough for Tenko since he bobbed his head shakily and stood beside the dark-haired boy. Now he was flanked by both Shirakumo and Aizawa, with the former directing a lazy grin at his grumpy friend.