Chapter 10

Warning: mentions of rape, self harm, torture and general angst.

Billy woke to the smell of coconut shampoo. Dark curls tickling his face making him sneeze. There was a sharp pain in his head. His wrist burned, and his stomach felt like a wrestler had stood on him.

Eddie heard the sneeze and the pained wince that followed it. "You alright?" He asked as he sat up, dark curls swaying.

Billy looked around in confusion. "What happened? Where's Max?" He asked, voice raw. He dissolved into a fit of coughs.

Eddie rubbed his back gently. "I drove little red home. Your bastard father hit you pretty bad...and then you spiralled. Max found you hurting yourself and called me. No idea where she got my number, you must of told her, I'm surprised you remembered my number honestly."

Billy slumped against Eddie, he could barely keep himself upright. "I feel like shit..." he whispered.

"I know bud. How about I make pancakes." Eddie said softly. "Then we could watch movies."

Billy nodded. "That sounds good." He whispered.

Eddie went and made pancakes and he and Billy ate them while watching The Little Shop of Horrors.

Billy was curled up against Eddie's chest. He felt bad, like he was cheating on Steve. Even if all they were doing was cuddling.

"This reminds me of that night." Eddie murmured, it was absentminded. He didn't mean to bring it up.

Billy froze. "We can't do that again...I have a boyfriend now."

"Really? I'm surprised. Thought you didn't do dating?" Eddie hummed, playing off the fact he was a hurt.

"I didn't...but he convinced me. I really liked the night we spent together though...but I don't want to cheat on my boyfriend."

"No I get it. I'm fine just being friends. We don't have to speak of what happened." Eddie said as he ruffled Billy's hair. The blonde huffed and elbowed the darker haired male in the side.

"Oww. Dude that hurt." Eddie whined, a pout playing on his lips.

"Then don't ruffle my hair, I'm not a damn dog." Billy muttered.

"Oh I'm sorry did you prefer kitten~" Eddie teased, he was definitely poking the bear, but the flushed cheeks and wide eyes that adorned Billy's features were totally worth it.

They were even worth the second elbow he got to the ribs.

"Okay Okay I'll shut up." Eddie conceded as he pulled Billy back down for another cuddle. Billy wasn't used to so much affection being given so freely. It was never free for him, someone always wanted something-usually sex.

"You're not going to expect me to blow you off after this are you...?" Billy eventually asked, a hint of fear tinting his voice. He didn't want to lose the friendship he'd managed to build with Eddie, but he couldn't cheat on Steve.

"What? Why would I expect you to do that? You made it clear you're taken now, I'd never do something to someone if I know they have a partner...and why would I expect you to give me a blowjob?" Eddie asked, confused.

"Because you're being nice to me...and you're hugging me." Billy stated, as if it was the complete norm for sex to be transactional-and his reality it was.

"Are people only nice to you when they want sex...?" Eddie asked, concern dripping from every word as he cradled Billy a little tighter.

"Well yeah...ain't that how it works? You show someone a good time-and if you do a good enough job then they'll be nice to you...maybe even make you breakfast like you did...s'why I was having sex with the mother's...their gentle-pet my hair after if I do a good job." Billy mumbled. He wasn't sure why he was admitting this so freely, he just felt safe with Eddie, like he could spill everything.