Chapter 13

Billy sighed as he stretched out on Steve's couch. He had his legs draped over Eddie's lap and his head on Steve's lap.

Eddie was drumming along to Queen with his fingers, using Billy's legs as the drums.

Steve was watching them fondly while trying to study from his textbook. He really hated geography. He'd never left Hawkins. His father was too embarrassed by his autism to take him on any of their fancy holidays.

Eddie was talking animatedly about random topics while Billy listened, occasionally commenting on what Eddie had said.

Steve rubbed his forehead as if it would help him learn the material.

"Everything alright pretty boy?" Billy asked, looking up at Steve with bright blue eyes. Steve figured they were what the ocean looked like.

"Yeah. I just don't understand any of the stuff I'm reading." Steve sighed.

Billy glanced at the book. "Geography? I'm fairly decent at geography. What are you studying right now?"

"Rocks apparently. Why do I need to know about rocks? Their just rocks." Steve huffed, slumping against the sofa.

Eddie chuckled. "Rocks are dumb. But Rock is great."

"You're so weird." Steve huffed as he handed Billy the text book.

The blonde skimmed over it before handing it back to Steve. "Okay you need to identify what type of rocks each other examples are. For example Obsidian is an igneous rock because it's formed from melted rock inside the earth."

"Wow...I actually understand it now. Maybe you should be a teacher." He chuckled as he started writing the answers in his notebook, using the arm of the couch as a table.

"And deal with loud annoying kids-or worse teenagers all day? Fuck no. I'm going to be a marine biologist, and I'll write books on the side, if publishers like my writing." Billy hummed, he already had his future planned out. Had laid awake many nights, bruised and bleeding, dreaming of the day he could escape. It had been his solace.

"Marine biologist suits you. I didn't know you wrote books though?" Steve hummed in intrigue.

Eddie leaned closer, a look of interest on his face. "You write?!"

"Correction-I'm trying to write a book. There's a difference." Billy huffed shyly.

"Still you must be good at it. You always get A's in English." Steve hummed.

"I don't know." Billy sighed as he sat up and stretched. "Anyway, I should get going, will you drive me?" He asked.

"You're not seriously thinking of going back? After what that bastard did to you." Eddie protested as he grabbed Billy's arm, a pleading look on his face.

"I have to. I'm not old enough to move out yet and Max needs me. The longer I'm away the worse it will be. If I go back now it might not be so bad. He probably went out drinking after he beat me, so he might not be back yet." Billy murmured. "All my stuff is at the house, I have to go back."

"But he'll hurt you again, at least let us come with you. I can't stand to see you get hurt." Eddie begged as he clutched at Billy, pulling the blonde close to his chest.

Billy sighed as he pressed his nose against Eddie's neck, breathing in the other's scent. He wanted to give in to the brunette's pleas. It was hard to say no when he knew his boyfriends cared so much, when he was wrapped in their arms feeling safer than he ever did, but he had to say no. For their safety as well as his own.

"You can't. If he is back...and he sees me with either of you he'll hurt you. He beat me because he saw the hickeys and nail polish. He knows that...that he couldn't beat the gay out of me. If he sees either of you he'll go after you. I don't want either of you getting hurt." Billy whispered.