Chapter 12

Billy hummed, warm water sloshing against his skin as he leaned against Steve. They were in the bath, scrubbing the sweat and grime of their recent actions from their skin.

Steve had his hands in Billy's hair, massaging conditioner into the soft curls. Billy was washing Steve's legs. The lavender scented body wash foamed under his hand. It smelled like Steve. He loved it.

"You really like lavender." Billy murmured as he breathed in the comforting scent.

"Actually it's what my mother buys, but I don't mind the smell." Steve hummed.

Billy looked up at the admission. "Your parents...they aren't ever around?" He said cautiously, not wanting to overstep a boundary, but he'd told Steve all his family drama.

"Yeah they work away a lot. They don't have time for their failure son. The business is more important. Even if I get into college I bet they wouldn't show up for my graduation." Steve muttered. "I don't care though, not anymore. I do need them to be happy, I've got you and the kids. That's my family. Six annoying brats and a beautiful...uh.."

"You can call me your boyfriend if you want to Stevie. We just had sex. I think that makes us boyfriends...just as long as it's not in public." Billy whispered looking up at Steve.

The brunette nodded. "We're boyfriends now." He breathed, kissing behind Billy's ear.

When they finally got out of the bath and dried off it was a little past lunch time.

Steve changed, Billy put on the clothes he'd borrowed from Eddie, and stole one of Steve's jumpers. He wasn't used to Indiana weather.

Steve made lunch, potato salad and ham sandwiches. They ate while watched The Little Shop of Horrors.

"You should call Eddie. The longer we let the situation sit, the harder it'll be to talk about it. I know it's scary but I won't leave your side." Steve suggested, eyes burning with fierce promise to be by Billy's side.

Billy nodded as he got up, putting his and Steve's plate in the sink before going over to the phone. He took a deep breath and punched in Eddie's number, pressing the phone to his ear as he anxiously twiddled the cord around his fingers. Steve stood with him, a hand rubbing gentle circles on Billy's back.

"Blondie is that you?" A voice croaked on the other end of the line, followed by a series of coughs.

"Yeah it's me-is everything okay?" Billy asked.

"The van blew up-well not literally blew up but the engine is smokin and it's basically gone to shit." Eddie muttered, the sound of a boot kicking metal echoed over the phone as Eddie cussed and coughed.

"Where are you?"

"Middle of the road near the old waterworks. I called a tow truck but I ain't got no way of getting home." Eddie sighed.

"Steve and I will pick you up, I was going to ask you to hang with us anyway."

"Steve, as in Steve Harrington? Flips his hair, king of the school Steve?" Eddie asked voice suspicious. Billy frowned. It made sense Eddie wouldn't be thrilled about Steve's presence but it worried him. If the two couldn't get on...

"Yeah..Steve Harrington." Billy murmured, anxiety edging into his voice, his hand started to tremble.

"Why are you hanging out with Harrington? Thought you guys hated each other, you were always fighting at school." Eddie murmured.

Billy looked at Steve who gave him a soft nod of confirmation, albeit nervously.

"He's my boyfriend." Billy replied.