The Climax

❤︎

Part 5

The Climax 

"Now, go...go catch your love and leave him breathless."

Krist whispered in defeat, one side of him telling that by letting Singto go, he would somehow lose his best friend permanently, while the other was trying to convince him that Singto's happiness was also his happiness.

I should feel happy for you, Sing.

But somehow this didn't feel right anymore.

I...I don't want you to go to somebody else.

He momentarily closed his eyes in a futile attempt to sort out his thoughts and feelings. He was still reeling from their kiss, his chest heaving, breath stuck in his throat. And by the fact that there was a stabbing pain inside his chest, which all didn't help trying to get rid of the thoughts of Singto, his touch on his body, his kiss on his lips, his hand on his-stop!

Don't be selfish. Just give up and let him go. Let him be happy, Krist.

"Just go, P'Sing..." Krist whispered with a pained sigh, his voice strained in agony, before turning his back on Singto, refusing to wait for Singto's reply or watch him leave the room and ultimately his life.

I'm letting you have the happiness you deserve, P'Sing. Please...just don't make this any harder than it already is.

Krist's eyes were fixated on the broken picture frame still lying idly on the floor. It took him two heavy steps to get to the broken picture frame by the window. He crouched low and picked it up, cutting his index finger in the process as three drops of blood fell on the carpet below, the crimson color illuminated by dim streetlights.

"Shit!" Krist cursed aloud as fresh blood dripped from the deep cut on his finger. Unable to feel any pain, he simply stuck his bloody finger in his mouth and sucked on it in silence, the bitter taste of it reflecting the indescribable pain in his heart.

It's us, P'Sing...look how happy we are together.

He stared blankly at the picture in his trembling hands. It was a photo of them on set – of him and Singto when they were filming their first Sotus series together. He played the role of head hazer Arthit, while Singto played the role of a rebellious freshman who boldly showed his affections towards Arthit from the early days of the series. Already back then, Krist was admiring Singto's versatile acting skills and incredible handsomeness, and before he realized it, he had already set his eyes on Singto, his heart skipped a beat only for Singto, closely watching his every move, as caring and loving as he could be without anyone noticing.

He became soft for Singto, and only for him.

Gradually, Krist became protective and jealous towards anyone else approaching Singto, fending off any unwanted suitors with glaring eyes and possessive hands. Everyone around them had to know that at least on screen, Singto was his and his alone.

Even if it was all just an act.

"Well, so much for false memories..." Krist whispered with a broken voice, his eyes dwelling up with tears as he closed his eyes, lifted the picture frame to his lips and gave it a short but longing kiss, before gently placing it back on the table.

If only you would see me the way I see you...

If only you would love me back, P'Sing.

"I'm sorry, Kit-" Singto's pained but clear voice made Krist jump in surprise as he hadn't realized that Singto hadn't left the room.

Shit.