Chapter two

Pinocchio was now eight years old, and today was also Pinocchio's first day of school. "Father, why do I have to go to school?" "Well, you need to gain knowledge so that way when you get older you can run the toy shop." Pinocchio smiled, and finished eating his breakfast. He jumped down from his chair beaming with excitement. "I hope I'll be able to do that someday, well we got to get to school, now." Geppetto chuckled. "Okay, okay, slow down Pinocchio, let me get a look at you." Pinocchio turned around so his father could look at his school uniform. "You look very handsome." He kneeled down to his son's height and fixed his hair a little. "Can I go now?" Geppetto smiled at him, he couldn't believe that his little boy was already eight years old. "Yes, you can." Pinocchio skipped happily out the door. He saw Figaro trying to go after him. He left. "No, no, no Figaro. School isn't for cats." He picked up the tiny cat and held him in his arms. He then realized that Pinocchio had left his schoolbook. "Oh, dear. Pinocchio had left his book, I need to go give this to him, Figaro you stay here, and I'll be right back." The cat sat looking complexed.

He went after Pinocchio and finally caught up with him. "Pinocchio, you forgot something." Pinocchio turned, grateful to see his father. "What is it father?" "You forgot your book, Pinocchio." Pinocchio smiled and took the book from him. "Thank you, father." Geppetto could feel a tear slipping out of his eye. "Father, what's the matter?" Pinocchio looked rather concerned, "Nothing, I'm okay son. You go off to school and make sure that you behave for your teacher." "Are you sure you're okay?" Geppetto nodded, "Yes, go on now." Pinocchio skipped happily away, while Geppetto watched after him. It was hard to send him off, but he knew Pinocchio had to go.

Geppetto returned home, with Figaro looking quite down casted. "Oh. Don't worry, Figaro. He'll be back, we'll just have to wait until he gets home and then the fun and laughter can continue once more." He gave Figaro a little quick pet.