Chapter thirteen

Pinocchio woke up, hearing the sound of seagulls and chirping birds, warmly greeting the new day. Pinocchio shielded the sun with his arm, and then looked around him. He saw the ocean tides, lapping against each other, and he checked his pocket, only to see Jiminy crawling out, and falling on the sand beneath them. "Jiminy are you okay?" Jiminy groaned in pain, holding up a thumbs up.

Jiminy then sat up draining the water from his hat and umbrella, then dusting the sand off from his drenched clothing. Pinocchio looked back out into the sea, he knew that Monstro was out there, alive, still probably looking. "Jiminy where's father?" Pinocchio suddenly realized that his father wasn't with him. Pinocchio panicked a little, and then he saw him. His father laying almost lifeless on the sandy banks. "Father!" He went over to him, and Jiminy followed him still a little disoriented. "Father, no!" Pinocchio cradled his father's body, close to him. His whole body ached in pain and regrets.

"Father, I- I can't lose you, don't leave me, father, don't leave me." Pinocchio pleaded with him. Tears fell from his eyes and onto Geppetto's face. Pinocchio cried on top of his chest. Only for Jiminy to realize that his donkey ears and tale were fading away. He held his head down in respect. "Father, I love you. I'm sorry for everything, if it meant losing you, I didn't know. You're right, I'll never be like Elio's father, I'm such a bad son." Pinocchio then felt a soft hand, caress his cheek. Pinocchio looked down and saw his father, slowly waking up, Pinocchio's tears still wetting his eyes. "No, Pinocchio. You've been nothing but a good son to me, I know you are not Elio, and I know there is nothing I can say that'll make me stop loving you, I'll always be your father Pinocchio, even if I'm not your biological one." "I love you father." "I love you more." The two both embraced as the rest of their things washed up on shore, including Figaro who scattered away from the ocean and went to Geppetto, licking his hand.

"Oh, Figaro I'm okay. He nuzzled the cat's forehead. "Figaro!" Pinocchio was happy to see the cat and petted him gently on the forehead. "Father, there is someone I want you to meet." "Who?" Pinocchio held up Jiminy, "This is Jiminy, he's helped me escape from Stromboli." "How do you do, signore?" Jiminy said, taking off his hat and placing it back on. "Thank you for, rescuing my son Jiminy."

"I'm much obliged, it's the least I could do since I've been living in your house, all that time." Geppetto smiled, "Well, you're welcome to our home anytime, Jiminy." Pinocchio beamed and hugged his father once more.