The pasts shadows

~No ones P.O.V~

"Pathetic." A woman grumbled, her sister on her knees before her, trying to stop herself from shaking. The blonde grabbed her sister chin and pulled it up so that the other girl could make eye contact with her. "I... Offer you a chance at finally ruling over this dumb palace with me, and you still refuse?!" She yelled. She pushed her sister away, the girl tried not to make a sound. She was terrified. The sister lowered her head more. "I refuse cause I know what your true meanings and actions are Daiyu..." the girl whispered. The younger sister chuckled and raised her sisters chin.

"Oh Li-li..." Daiyu began, "You are clever, yet I'm dissapointed in you. I expected better from the future ruler. Yet you still care not to rule. All you care for is the kingdoms people, yet our people seem to hate you. You and for the monster you truly are Li-li." She continued. The older sister stayed quiet, her sister Daiyu continued on. "Li-li, if you accept my offer you won't ever have to be mistreated again, I can fix you and help you for as long as you stay by my side this I promise." Daiyu said offering her hand. The girl stayed quiet and gently pushed her hand away after a brief moment.

"You only wish to use me for my powers. You destroy while I can create. We both know this kingdom will die if you become ruler and I leave." Daiyu's sister said. Daiyu's patience began to wear thin. What if their father heard, she knew he already had his suspicions of overthrowing the kingdom. She couldn't let all of her progress dissapear before her. She had been planning for years, and the final step was to convince Lian, her older sister. "You idiot! You know nothing of my true abilities nor yours! How dare you assume such things and think so highly of yourself. It disgusts me." Daiyu brings her hand back and was about to bring it down when her father caught her wrist.

"That is enough." Their father said, fury in his tone. Daiyu's eyes widened, "Father?" She questioned, worry filled her voice. Lian quickly looked up and scurried back, making as much room as she could between herself and her sister. She then began to shake more visibly. "I have heard enough..." the father said.

~flashback~

A little lian ran around the palace garden, a woman sitting on a white bench, watching her, when the woman suddenly spoke up. "Lian my dear, come here." She said softly. The little girl stopped and looked over at the woman, then ran over to her. "Yes mom?" The little girl asked. Her mother responded with a soft smile, then asked. "Would you like to harvest some fruit with me?" Her daughter looked up at her and pouted. "But I want to look at the blossoms more.." Lian said, her mother laughed softly. "My little blossom don't pout. We will still be able to see the blossoms as we pick fruit." Her mother said.

The young girl looked up at her mother "Promise?" She asked, her mother smiled "I promise." She responded. Lians eyes lite up she then pulled her mother up, "Come on then! Let's go!" She said excitedly. Her mother laughed at her behavior and began to walk, Lian following not far behind. Just as they were leaving that area of the garden Lian noticed something in the pond, a lotus blossom...

~flashback over~

After Lian and Daiyu's father had found them and found out what Daiyu was planning. She was locked up in a speacial dungeon, one with a magical barrier enforced that the king/their father made.

After a while life in the kingdom went back to normal and was more peaceful. Yet people were treating Lian worse, and as the days passed the king began to worry more for his faughters safety from the people and from Daiyu if she ever broke free. So King Yun made a choice that was hard for him one day. To find someone to protect his daughter, and he found out that to do that. He would have to let go of her until she was ready to rule.

To be continued...