Macaque

(One of my fav eps is finally here. All hail the man. 🧎🏽‍♀️)

Recap:

In the last chapter, the three friends. MK, Mei and Jade went out around the city with a key in the form of a skull. This key had the ability to unlock anything, they got this key from a strange man who claimed to be the mayor. After the threes outing began to come to a close, a member of the Demon Bull family snatched the key, it was the son. MK, Jade and Mei made an attempt to get it back but in the end Red son and his mother got away with the key. The only question is now, what will the DBK family do with the key?

~Onto the story~

It was quite awhile after what had happened with the key, and MK aswell as Jade had been avoiding asking about the key to Wukong and Lian, they would do it sometimes on porpose, or they would forget about it completly. Today during training Lian allowed Jade a break from training, but MK still had to practice. He was tasked with breaking down a wall mural, Jade sat under a tree while Lian seemed annoyed with what Wukong had told his succesor to do. As Wukong layed on his cloud watching MK try to take down the mural, Lians tail flicked as she watched with him. MK was complaining about the wall, "I'm Monkie kid! Not construction boy. Why do you even want this mural knocked down anyways?" MK asked as he stopped hitting the wall and looked over at Wukong, Wukong didn't spare a glance back at him.

"I thought it was about time for it to come down, maybe make a little area in replacement to that. Y'know, let in a little more light around here." Wukong said as he opened a bag of peach chips, Lian sighed in annoyance, to Lian she didn't want the mural to go down. It was a part of Wukongs story and history, even if he tried to avoid it or not. She didn't really like seeing her friend let go of something that was once dear to him so easily. Jade was still sitting under the tree as she read something, MK groaned and went back to working on breaking down the wall when his phone started to ring. The others looked over at him, MK looked at his phone.

"Oh, it's Mei. It must be VERY important." Emphasizing the 'very', he then picked up the phone and put Mei on speaker. As he was talking to her Lian went over to her friend. Wukong sat up while still eating chips and smiled at Lian. "What's up Li-li?" He asked with his mouth full, Lian grimaced. "First of all, keep your mouth shut when eating please." She said, he laughed and nodded. "Second, I said don't call me Li-li." She continued, Wukong finished the chips and chuckled, "Sorry, I forgot about that." He said with a small smile. Lian sighed, just as she was about to continue MK interrupted her.

"Welp! You heard her, I guess the city is in danger and it needs saving again. So gotta go bye!!" MK said as he grabbed Jade and ran out. Lian and Wukong stood there before they looked back at each other. "Was he serious?" Lian asked, "Or is he just avoiding the work..." Wukong continued with a sigh. Lian chuckled then shrugged. "Just like Wukong sometimes, I swear." Lian thought to herself as she looked back to the mural.

~Time skip~

It had been a few days, maybe a week after MK left in a hurry. But ever since then he had been acting weird. Wukong had been suspicious, but if anything more worried. Lian was curious so she went to Jade, the girl was sitting on the sidelines taking a water break, Lian thought that this would be a good time to ask her. So she walked over to Jade and sat next to her, confused, Jade looked at Lian. Lian looked down as she fidgeted with her own hands and made tiny shapes with her fingers. "Are you ok Lian?" Jade asked, Lian gave a small half smile and nodded. Jade noticed thankfully and just shrugged and continued to drink her water.

After a few moments of silence between the two Jade spoke again. "I know you and Monkey king are wondering whats happening with MK, and to be honest I don't know what happened. But I'm worried too..." she said as she trailed off a bit at the end, Lian looked at Jade and patted her back, then gave a reassuring smile. Jade smiled softly then continued, "But what I do know is that I can tell you what happened before he started acting like this." Jade said, Lian smiled. "I was going to ask you to, but seems like I didn't have to. Go ahead." Lian said as she adjusted the way she sat. Jade sighed, "Well when we left we rushed to where Mei and the others were..." Jade paused, Lian nodded gesturing her to continue.

"....When we did there was this huge monster, almost made of complete smoke and shadows it seemed." Jade continued trying to explain the best she could. "Pigsy made an attempt to attack it before we got there it seemed, so MK being MK tried to attack it as well. Rushing in. But the thing got him first." Jade said as she sighed, Lians tail was moving, proccesing what Jade was saying. "Ah, so a brusied ego perhaps?" Lian mentioned, still trying to take note of what Jade said, the student shook her head. "Theres more to what happened." Jade said, Lian tilted her head slightly. "There is? Well go ahead, tell me." Lian said as her went upright again.

Jade nodded and continued at where she left off. "So, after the smokey thing attacked MK this.... person. Came out of nowhere and swept the thing away, the funny thing is he looked exactly like Monkey king, but when MK got closer to him he said it wasn't the Monkey king..." Jade said as she looked over at MK then back at Lian. Just then there was a huge crash, Jade jumped while Lian flinched slightly, the two looked over to where the sound came from to see a shocked Monkey king and the wall mural finally broken down into rubble. Wukong was talking with MK but he was dissmisive, Lian looked back at the wall then at MK.

She felt an aura that was familiar, as MK walked away she noticed the symbol on the back of his jacket was different. Jade looked back at the wall, she was silent. Shocked even, but Lian was movimg gears in her head. She began to put the peices together when it suddenly clicked. She looked over to where Wukong was but he was gone. "......I guess he already knows...." Lian said, she then sighed and looked at Jade. "Let's get you home." Lian said as she stood up, Jade sighed and nodded.

~Time skip~

Lian was quite out of breath a bit, why was this? She decided that instead of taking an easy way up a side of a mountain, she would take the hard way. The one least expected she thought. How did she end up on the side of a mountain? Well she was trying to find Wukong before he got himself into a shit pile, she had been weaving her way through the crowds of the city in a disguise to try and find him or any clue as to where her friend could've gone. When in the distance she saw a cloud and mist of purple over the peak of a mountain, so she took that as a hint and went to the mountain.

Now, when she decided to take the hard way up she wanted to make sure she didnt use any of her abilites, magical or physical. In order to not give herself away. She had finally made it to the top and almost toppled over because she tripped over a piece of rubble. She thankfully caught herself and dusted herself off, then looked up to see Wukong leaving with MK. "What the hell did I all miss..?" Lian asked herself as she smiled in confusion, she then sat on one of the bigger pieces of rock and sighed. "I guess they didn't need me, seems like they resolved it themselves.." she said to herself out loud as she sighed from relief.

She then felt a familiar presence behind her, she then finally became aware and alert. Before she could stand up or turn around the person had grabbed her wrist and waist. Startled, Lian jumped. She tried to pull against the person to get her wrist free but failed. The person then spoke, "Hey princess." They said, calling her by the name she only allowed one person to call her. "Macaque." She awnsered, still facing away from him. The tone in her voice seemed unamused, annoyed or angry even. He chuckled and made her get up and face him, "Miss me?" He asked, Lian moved her gaze away from him.

"Mm, the real question is did Wukong beat you up?" She retorted back, avoiding his question. Macaque seemed annoyed and sighed, "....I'll just take that as a yes." He said as he paused, Lian snickered. "Avoiding the question? Little to much salt in a fresh wound? Sorry about that." She said, Macaque rolled his eyes. "And I thought you would be happy to me again." He said as he let go of her wrist but not her waist. "You may be my favorite out of Wukong and you, but thats nothing to get your tail all tied into a knot over." She said as she returned her gaze to him, looking him up and down.

He still had all the features she remembered, she paused, Macaque let go of Lian finally and sighed. "Well, that was a bit dissapointing." He stated, Lian lightly scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Whatever, see you around Mac." Lian said as she sat back down, Macaque gave a quick small smile. "See ya Lian." He said as he dissapeared, once he was gone Lian was alone. She huffed, "Ugh, the nerve of him just-" she groaned and cut herself off as she picked up a pebble and threw it. Little to Lians awareness, two people had been watching not only the fight between Wukong and Macaque, but the interactions between the princess and shadow user.

To be continued...

So this is the longest chapter that I've written in quite a while, and now that I think about it. It makes sense considering this is one of my favorite episodes in the show. The interactions may be weird, to me at least but hey! I fricking love this. So I'll probably be posting another chapter soon, until then!
Rose 🌹