Pt6 -A moment of heart

third person pov

todoroki made sure to hurry back to the house after practice, though a limping boy could only go so far so fast. half of him wished that he took a minute to recover but when his dad left, he immediately did, he couldn't leave with his dad unoccupied in the house. the number 2 pro hero was not only a dickhead, but he was also a controlling asshole over shouto. controlling what he eats, he is able to spend time with his siblings, what he did in his free time when he wasn't busy with hero work. and it annoyed shouto greatly but fortunately in shouto's case his dad is starting to become more busier therefor he cannot be as controlling as he wants, yeah, he finds the time to beat the shit out of shouto and call it training.  but other than that, he couldn't really do anything else because of his job which shouto was without a doubt grateful for.

the creepy building came into shouto's view, and it's quite funny actually. most kids would run from this place, it was basically a five-story building with almost half of the windows busted open. it was a brick building with a broken gate at the entrance. the place and space were so abandoned that even money hungry land hoggers didn't even want to buy it. but to the boys it gave comfort, this very dangerous environment was their safe place. windows were broken but the place was filled with nothing but warmth to them.

shouto limped onto the floor he knew shinsou would be on "toshi?" he loudly said letting his friend know that it was not danger. slowly shinsou emerged from one of his great hiding places in the house in case of danger. once hitoshi saw shouto's state he cringed, if denki or izuku was here shouto would have immediately been forced on his ass off his feet. "He did a number on you, do you need anything?" shinsou asked and shouto sighed as he sat on one the of the many matts they have collected.  todoroki shook his head "i just need something to eat and water and rest" he said and Hitoshi raised his eyebrow at him because shouto looked like he needed to treat the burns on his body that Enji gave him. "You're lying but okay" hitoshi said pointing at the one of many burn marks. shouto sighed "they'll heal im used to it from enji" shouto said his head sagging. hitoshi didn't say anything, for the fact he knew denki always carries things that will treat the boy's injuries that their abusers were prone to give.

it took an hour before izuku came running in there breathing very heavy, he leaned on the doorway still trying to catch his breathe. which put shouto and Hitoshi alarmed really quick, they stared at the heaving izuku until he was able to utter one Singler word. "hide" he said hoarsely and in a matter of seconds the boys were in their designated hiding space. the boys all had a hiding place for each of them, easy to slip in and out of incase they needed to escape but totally camouflage in the dark corners of the building. shortly after running feet came into the building "dammit where is he" one voice said, "i swear i saw him ran in here" "well obviously you didn't" the first voice said, "we should get out of here it's not safe, if the dummy gets hurt out here that's his fault" a new voice said. "HA whatever happens to him here is way less than worse to what we were going to do to him" the second voice said which caused a cackle out of all three of them. after that the voices and footsteps faded, shouto was the first to come out "its safe" he said and izuku and shinsou came out of theirs's. but izuku held a loook on his face, one that showed he was absolutely pissed. he hated this, he hated being weak and he hated the fact that people took advantage of that matter. "Hey izu you, okay?" shinsou asked the concern evident in his voice. izuku sighed because he wasnt, he was really really tired of this. "im not, im tired of being weak, im tired of people being able to treat me how they want just because they see me as inferior" he said.

before anyone could reply denki came in "HEY GUYS" the three looked at him. he held a big smile on his face and two big white plastic bags in his hands. "my tutor brought me a bunch of snacks for us because i got a 7 out of 10
on my test" denki said the joy evident in his voice, he took free tutoring lessons from this upper schooler who offered it. denki could instantly tell the mood in the room. "whats going on" he asked and izuku's shoulders sagged "bullies" he said and denki frowned. izuku lifted his head up to look at denki and denki could see something in his eyes. something Firey and dangerous "and im tired of it" he said.

after that the boys ate snacks, while denki cleaned up shouto's burns to Hitoshi's prediction. and a Izuku was bit quieter, but they didn't pay much mind since he busied himself writing in one of his journals. it was a calm vibe the boys were comfortable in their own thoughts. They were comfortable in each others presence's, a place not one of them wanted to leave. A few hours later todoroki noticed how dark it has gotten, " we should get home" he said while trying to stand up. And Izuku quickly got up to aid him which todoroki was thankful for.

"Your right for yourself  but I'm sure they won't even notice us gone" denki muttered gesturing to him Izuku (who are heavily neglected), "and I really don't want to leave shinsou here alone....how about I stay here with shinsou for the night? !" Denki said, shinsou looked up at him with a bit of shock "really?" He asked and denki nodded.  He had a idea on how lonely and scared shinsou felt here and he himself did not really have much of a life back home aswell as shinsou does. And he literally slept in the basement anyways, no one ever came to check on him so they wouldn't do it now.

Izuku nodded "I like that Better than shinsou being here alone" and todoroki agreed with him. "Tomorrow we will find some cardboard to board up the place and clean it up a little bit so shinsou could be comfortable" todoroki said. And that made shinsou's heart squeeze, even in a dingy dirty place they made it feel warm and at home.
Izuku and todoroki soon left, and it was just shinsou and denki.

"You know I'm glad to have you as my friend" shinsou said to denki as they laid in the dark. "Me too shin" denki said quietly, "remember when we said we were gonna take over the world together?" Shinsou asked which made denki laugh "yeah, a shitty world" denki said in a bitter sweet tone, "but it has some good in it, like you me, izu and todo and I'm sure their are a couple more" it was quiet for a moment "then we will save them too" denki muttered.

____-
I really have so much love for this story and I see potential just wait until I get it officially established 😭😭