New Opportunity

Y/n POV

"Y/n, could I talk to you for a minute?" My mom asked me and I nodded.

"Okay, hear me out Y/n. There is an entertainment company in South Korea called me and they said they are impressed by your abilities in singing and dancing," my mom said.

I was here, sitting on my bed. My brain not functioning for a second.

Wait what? South Korean Entertainment Company?! My eyes widen at the words and I look at my mom who is smiling at me.

"There he is," my mom cupped my cheeks.

"Wha- eh how? What company?" I stuttered.

Mom looked at her phone again, scrolling for a few seconds and she answered.

"Starship Entertainment,"

"..."

"Y/n, you still with me?" My mom snapped her fingers in front of me. I gasped and jumped like a man who just won a jackpot, celebrating like a fool.

My mom just smiled and watched me as my happiness was just overflowing right now.

"STARSHIP?! MONSTA X, CRAVITY, IVE?!!!!," I asked and shouted.

"Well, I don't know about K-pop Y/n, so maybe?" Mom smiled unsure of her answer and I giggled at her.

"Thanks, Mom," I hugged her and she patted my head.

"For what Y/nnie?" Mom asked.

"For supporting me," I said. My mom then smiled warmly at me.

"Aw~, your welcome sweetie," Mom hugged me tighter.

The hug lasted for a minute until Mom asked what my plan was.

"So, what's your plan Y/n?" Mom asked.

"Hmm, what are the requirements written in the email Mom?" I asked.

My mom then scrolled her phone again and read what was in the email loudly.

"Please send us a video of you singing and dancing. Korean or non-Korean song. We will evaluate your talents with our other scouts to get approval for your entry to the company. Note that even if you are scouted, you must comply with this requirement," My mom looked at me after reading the contents of the email.

"Hmm, so freedom of what I will do?" I mean that's harder," I said.

"But look on the bright side, no limitations," Mom said which made me nod.

"Wait, how did Starship contact you tho?" I questioned her.

"Well, you did put my email on your accounts for business inquiries," Mom said.

"Oh~," my mom just laughed at my answer

"Sometimes you are just out of this world Y/n," Mom said just deadpanned.

"Mehh, as long as I'm not hurting anyone, then I'm good," I shrugged.

"I mean, you have a point," Mom said.

"Either way, I have a gig later! I need to get ready," I said and grabbed my guitar to tone it.

"Oh really? What song are you gonna sing?" Mom asked.

"Leaves by Ben & Ben and Love Me Like That by Sam Kim," I answered.

_______

♫ Ooh, can you love me like

Can you love me like