CHAPTER FOUR

BEFORE

FALL OF 2009

The perfect sunrise sky that appeared on the sixth of the morning caught Jean's attention as she looked up at her casement window. "I couldn't believe that summer has ended." she uttered. It was Sunday morning, the last day of her summer vacation. The exquisite sunlight, the tranquillity chirping of birds, the serene of wind gaves her miraculously the push to go outside and go for a jogging.

Jean was wearing a moisture-wicking shirt matching it with a black jogging pants, and her new balance shoes.

"What did I even do the entire summer?" She questioned herself as she took a look at her surroundings. She observed that only few people were strolling through the village park, while others were content to sit on a bench.

"I probably watched Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, Titanic and The notebook like a hundred times. I also wrote a silly journal and spent my days in bed twenty-four-seven." She talked to herself.

"What an unforgettable vacation!" She sarcastically said.

She jog for an hour before she started to feel weariness in her legs. She could feel the endorphins being released from her body and how her sweat cascaded onto her pores. She then removed her earphones off her ears and fastly tucked them into the pocket of her pants. She finds one of the nicest feelings to jog while listening to music.

A moment later, as she was walking down the gravel path catching her breath, a voice could be heard calling from behind her.

She initially believed it wasn't her, but after taking a few steps, she stopped and turned her head. Then, she saw a guy coming her way.

A handsome 6-foot-tall boy with wavy brown hair and hazel eyes.

She began to feel a little anxious and wondered in the back of her mind, "Why did this guy called me? Is he going to ask for my name? or for my number?"

"Hey, you dropped this." he handed her the earphones.

Jean hurriedly averted her gaze and said, "Ohh, thank you." then grabbed it.

"I was so unmindful. I thought I had already keep it in my pants." She smiled a little then look down.

The guy was on the verge of saying something else when she quickly cut him off and started walking away.

She wished she could have stay a little longer and struck up a conversation, but she is a shrinking violet and terrible at socializing.

Jean was raised in a devout Catholic household and had cosseting parents. She grew up as a staunch conservative girl and always shied away from interactions with boys.

"Gosh, how could I be so careless?"

She lay in bed and stared at her white ceiling for a moment. after that, her view was abruptly filled by the guy's face. The lovely grin he gave her, those hazel eyes that looked right into her soul. She starts seeing him in her head and possibly smitten at first glance.

"He kinda looks cute tho." she giggled.

"Wait, am I being disrespectful for
walking away? He almost says a word. Ughhh!! my anxiety could never." She added.

Sometimes Jean pondered what it's like to be in love and what it feels to be In a romantic relationship. The state of having someone to talk to, to hold hands with, to watch movies with, to share everything about your world and explore theirs.

She had reached the age of eighteen and some part of her craved to experience that teenage romantic love story with a happy ending at the end.

"I can't believed summer is over and classes will start tomorrow. I must start to prepare my things now." Jean  composes herself and started to gather the things that she will be needing for the school.

THE DAY AFTER

Jean Davis has just started her third year of nursing school at Winston East University. She plans to pursue a career in medicine and has a tremendous passion to save people's lives. She dreams of becoming a surgeon in the future.

It was a gloomy monday at school for the opening of the school year. There are students everywhere. Some have their jackets on while others are clutching an umbrella indicating that they are aware of the forecast's
warning that rain is expected at any 
time during the day.

The dark clouds started to form and become visible in the sky. Jean was walking throughout the school field while holding a thick book of her Pharmacology in Nursing care.

She thought that crossing the campus field would make it simpler for her to get to the department where her next class is.

she paused and peered up, "Oh my god, is it going to rain?" she talked to herself.

She was in the middle of the field and after only taken a few step, the rain began to fall as the wind picked up its speed. She panicked as it starting to fall on her skin and walked hurriedly.

"Oh no! Not this time. My book!!" she panicked.

She was cautiously running across the campus field, panicking and worried. Suddenly a person came and blocked her way. She took a moment and raised her head.

She momentarily froze as her eyes widened by the surprise. It was the guy who had walked up to her yesterday. The guy that she finds it cute.

"Are you okay?" he asked, putting up an umbrella above her.