CHAPTER SIX

I woke up the other morning with a ton of messages from an unknown number. 

"Hi Jean,  It's me, Axel. I saw Rachel the other day at school, and I asked for your number."

"My birthday is coming in 3 days; would you mind if I take you to the movie theater tonight? :)"

"Just leave me a reply then. Happy sunday!"

I rubbed my eyes and read it again.

"Am I dreaming?" I asked myself. 

I couldn't absorb the messages that he just sent. I was still lightheaded, and my eyes were wanting to shut, but I forced myself to wake up and tried to type a reply.

"Hey, sure.  I'm free tonight. :) ." I sent it.

"Great!  "Meet me at five o'clock."

"at the spot where we first met."
____

"Omg, did he just ask me for a movie date? Is this really happening?" I uttered and almost slapped myself out of excitement.

"What am I gonna wear? I need Rachel's help." I freaked out while almost dialing Rachel's number, but my mother knocked at my door and went inside.

"Jean, breakfast is ready. Also, get ready later, we are going to church this afternoon." she said.

I was downhearted for a moment, but I managed to burt a words..  "Mom, I couldn't go. We need to continue our homework at my classmate's house."

I could see a bit of frustration on her face, but nonetheless, she didn't ask me any further questions and eventually agreed.

My parents are both religious, so going to church every Sunday was a family tradition. I almost never skipped it unless I had something important to do.

• • • • •

I could see the stunning sunset far out in the distance as it bid the Sunday adieu at around five o'clock. I was standing on the site where Axel and I first met. I can still recall how shy I was at that moment when he handed me the earphones. It was the day when I first saw his hazel eyes, and I was electrified by excitement, ferocity, and anxiousness at the same time.

Axel arrived on time; I didn't even have to wait a minute. He stops there in front of me wearing a denim jacket and a black pair of slacks, looking so handsome and dapper, just like a Storm model in the magazine.

"May I take you somewhere, Ms. Jean?" He smiled while handing me his black helmet.

I cautiously climbed aboard his motorcycle and said, "I'm down, Mr. Axel."

I had no idea how much bliss a joyride would give me. I love the way the wind brings me peace and comfort. The way our bodies were linked, as well as the scent of his perfume coming from his jacket, He smells so good. 

The vista of this small city is beautiful and quite impressive. I really didn't appreciate this place until Axel took me around. He did take me for a joyride for like an hour before we finally arrived at the movie theater.

"They say Avatar is worth-watching. Many people love it. It's a new talk in town." he uttered while making our way to the movie ticketing.

"I saw it too on Facebook. It was all over the internet and the review is top tiering."

"and Michelle Rodriguez is one of the cast, Uhhh I love her." I added.

I slowly turning down my shy side and starts to be talkative.

The next scene that happened. We were sitting in the center row of the theater room. The only source of light for us was the brightness of the movie screen. The audience was absorbed in the film and overly focused. Axel and I were grabbing some popcorn that was placed between our seats, and it was one of those moments where I felt electrified every time our hands bumped.