22

I grab another wine bottle and head back into my living room, where the ladies and I are plotting

 I grab another wine bottle and head back into my living room, where the ladies and I are plotting. I'm not thrilled that I have to plan a fucking scheme to get my man back. I guess all those cheesy stories I read on Wattpad growing up were true. Rich men have some fucked up families—their mothers. When I learned that Tristan was going to take them both to dinner, something in my gut told me it was a bad idea, but I didn't want to come off as that kind of girlfriend. Girlfriend? Was I even his girlfriend? We decided to see what this could be but never labeled anything.

"I really could knock you on your ass, Lena." Tiffany snaps as I place the wine bottle on the coffee table.

"Yeah, there are no loopholes in this contract." Olivia looks up from the contract, glaring at me. "You should have never signed this mad. You always act on impulse sometimes, and now look."

"It came to bite you back in the ass." Sage chimes in.

Their right. I was pissed off. No, I was hurt because the world that mattered to Tristan now knew he was engaged, but to someone that wasn't me. His stepmother made it her mission to make sure her son was with the woman of her choice regardless of how her son felt.

"I hate to say this--"

"Then don't." Tiffany cuts Sage off.

"You should probably cut your ties with Tristan. This is turning into cliche, cheesy drama. Stepmother ruins son's happiness, and then you are feeling so helpless and gets hurt--"

"I just said dont, and what makes you think our girl is helpless? This is Lena, the woman who stirred the food industry. The woman who does what needs to get done regardless of--"

"Stop blowing smoke up my ass. I get it. And Sage, you dont think that I thought about that too? Spending time with Tristan for weeks now--I might be falling in love with him." I finally admit it out loud. Saying that I love Tristan outside my head makes it all too real.

"You can say you weren't in your right mind when you signed the contract. I've seen contracts voided because of that." Olivia offers up. "You were mad about the news of your boyfriend getting engaged. No woman would be in her right mind at that time."

I grab the wine bottle off the table and pour myself another glass. The past week without Tristan has been hell. Everyone at their company was talking about the engagement, but only a few knew I was secretly dating Tristan, so the looks from some of the cooks, especially Orion, made me feel less than. I know I shouldn't feel that way, but damn.

"You know who we need on this case...Olivia Pope." Tiffany smiles at Olivia.

"Too bad my last name is Anthony." She flips through the contract and sighs, "Damn, they have some great lawyers. There is no getting around this. Wait, didn't you say if you had ties to Tristan before the contract, then you could be with him, right?"

I nod.

"So get married or get pregnant, do it now, and by the time Monday comes, you'll still have the contract with Opal, and you'll have your man. A win-win." Sage sits up with a massive smile on her face.