31

Two weeks later

Two weeks later

"Have you heard from Nick?" I lean back in my office chair, facing Tiffany. We're having lunch and catching up. Work has been very demanding for us in the last few days. Also, the friend's dinner has been put on the back burner until Nick comes back, wherever the hell he is. Nick has been MIA since the Henry accident.

"He went to Italy for a while. Something about helping a friend with his company. Enough about Nick, how's the married life—wait, how's work? I know Henry isnt here anymore...have you talked to him?" Tiffany says, scrolling through her phone.

Actually, Henry was missing for a whole week after his lies to the media. Within the last two weeks, Tristan has been staying late at the office, or he would have to fly to New York. If Henry intended to make my life a living hell, he definitely succeeded. Our marriage life started off rocky, and it hasn't been smooth sailing since. I know we've only been married for two weeks, but damn—I miss my husband.

So fucking much.

"Married life okay. Work is getting better. I haven't spoken to Henry, but I hear he works in London at one of our mutual friend's restaurants." I remember when Monchel called me to tell me that Henry showed up at her restaurant looking for a job. She asked if everything was okay and if she should hire him. I knew she needed the help, and I wasn't going to let my personal problems with him get in the way. At least I know now that he is an ocean away from me. The damage he did was already done, and I hope Karma catches his ass quickly. All I can do is move on with my life and marriage.

"Is everything alright with you and Tristan?"

"It's fine. He is just super busy with all the backlash of Henry's actions. The company has to put out a sizeable number of fires. My acquisition is still going through, though, and I have to meet someone named Clarence, who will help me go over a few properties. I narrowed it down to five places last week, so only I have to do it pick one. Which will be hard because I love all five locations. I wonder if I ask Tristan if I can have them all would the company give them to me? Probably not.

Tiffany looks up from her phone. "Have you guys been having sex?"

No.

"My sex life doesn't concern you." I playfully roll my eyes at her. "Are you having sex?"

"Of course."

"Have you had sex with Mr.Jackson?"

"Let's not go there." Tiffany stands. "I need to get back to the office, and I'm taking these." She starts picking up the plate with the tamales on it. "And these." She piles the rest of the Spanish rice on the plate.

"Tiffany, I was only—"

"It's fine. You bitches are always so curious. Whom I have sex with doesn't concern you." She smirks, picking up the plates and heading to the door. I tell her to stop by and have Janet give her a to-go box from the kitchen. Tiffany walks out of the office but returns not a second later. "You know, if your husband was fucking you, you wouldn't be worried about who's been fucking me." She blows me a raspberry and walks back out. Bitch.