33

I wait around for Helena to finish talking with my nieces

I wait around for Helena to finish talking with my nieces. I call Vincent, and he tells me the girls got into it with Kenza. Something about them wanting to go away for the weekend with friends to Aspen, and Kenza wasn't having it. So what the hell do they need with Helena? I walk outside the restaurant, and today isn't my day. Antonella steps out of her car, handing the key over to the valet driver. Since when does everyone come to this restaurant? I can't wait until Helena expands so she won't be tied down to this one.

    "Tristan?" Antonella looks surprised seeing me.

    "Antonella," I say.

    "What are you doing here?" She walks over to me.

    "Visiting my wife. What are you doing here?" I ask. I know Helena can handle herself, but I don't like everyone having easy access to her. Knowing she will never act out in her place of business, Marlene and Antonella will somewhat have the upper hand. Helena will be cordial and speak with them just to not cause a scene. I'd like to know when Helena will finalize the new place for her next restaurant.

    "I have a lunch date."

    "A date?" Surprising.

    "Yes," she chuckles. "You remember George?"

    "Ahhh, George, the guy you kept ghosting for years. That's surprising—how did that happen?" Antonella had been ghosting this guy George for as long as I could remember. He was a cool guy, and I always told her to give him a chance, but she said he wasn't her type. I assume he was her type after all, once she realized she and I had no future together.

    "He reached out to me after that press conference. He is a great guy; I don't know why I didn't see that before..." she looks over my shoulder in a daze. I could be the asshole and tell her why, but the past is in the past for a reason.

    "Well—"

    "Uncle Tristan," I turn around to see Arianna, Brianna, and Helena walking out of the restaurant. Helena slips her hand into mine once she sees whom I've been out here talking to. "Oh, look what the garbage man dropped off."

    "Hello to you too, Arianna." Antonella smiles.

    "It's really pathetic how you keep chasing after our uncle." Arianna scoffs.

    "Hey," I warn her. Arianna is a sweet demonic child. I just wish she would learn to have a little more respect for her elders. I know she has it in her to do so. The last thing I want is for Antonella to say the wrong thing, and Bri jumps to her twin's defense.

    "Sorry," Arianna mumbles, walking off, bumping into Antonella's shoulder hard, causing her to take a step back.

    "I'm actually here for a date," Antonella says over her shoulder. Arianna shrugs her shoulder and continues walking toward my G-Wagon. God, please don't let any of my children come out like Arianna. I promise to be a good husband and father. I promise not to slack off as much as I do at work. Just don't let me have an Arianna.