Chapter 5: Hatred

The next day become another painful day. Yanlin stand behind the window while throwing his sight into the lake full of lotuses. Trying to remember why karma always gave him the worst yet painful ways to repay for his past sins. Trying hard to stay calm and compose to be able to change his fate and live the life he wanted. The life that only contain happiness and never regret nor sadness. But now everything seems imposible.

Knock! Knock! Knock!
"Young Madam. It's me, A-li."
The soothing voices come passes his eardrums made him almost immediately turn around and answer the calling. The smiles blossom onto his pale yet fresh face.

"Yes, A-li, come in."
"Good morning, Young Madam."
"Good morning too, A-li. Did you get enough rest last night? Come sit here with me." Yanlin walked toward the small table at the right corner of his bedroom. A-li slowly but compose follow him and sit across Yanlin. His hands carefully heating the water and brew some tea leaf before pouring it into two cups. He passed it to Yanlin which were accepted happily by the latter and the other one stay in front of him.

"A-li, you know right that i always see it as my family and son. So please don't leave me behind in making your decisions. I know right know the timing is off but, please don't leave me here alone. if you want to run away, bring me along. Save me from this hellish place." Yanlin kept on talking without reliazing the reaction given by A-li.

"No, young madam. A-li will not forget you ever. You have save me once so i've decided that i will loyal to you. But madam, please don't ask me to bring you running away from here. I cannot afford the risk." Little Li look down trying to hide his face.

Yanlin just looking straight into his little servant. He knows something must has happened to this boy, the invisible weights seem to pushing his shoulders down. Trying to cool himself but still cannot hide the sadness from Yanlin.

Slowly and gentle, Yanlin pulls his little Li into his embrace. Starled, the body in his hug tensed but then reaching out his hands to tighten the hug.

"Litlle Li, did something happened? Why are you so gloomy? I can sense it, dont hide anything from me. I am your family right?" The questions made the hug become more tight as little Li bury his face on Yanlin's chest. Yanlin shocked as he felt his chest wet signalling that his boy was crying. The shoulders also shaked. Almost immediately he loosen the hug and forced him to face him.

"What happened? Tell me." The voice sound demanding but Yanlin couldnt help it. He was anxious. His boy was crying in his embrace.

"Madam... hiks... i dont want to saparate from you... i dont want to transfer to hiks... the new lady... i hate it.. hiks..." Trying to shed his tears, Little Li made Yanlin shocked and without invitation, the sudden anger and hatred rose in his chest. He is boiling. He knows who is the mastermind behind this. That devil.

"How dare they! You are my servant. Who the hell did this? I know, THAT DEVIL! How dare you!" The anger rose so quickly that without taking a long time, Yanlin already draging Little Li toward the door. His only destination is the main bedchambers of the king.

However, when he pushed the door, speak of the devil, THAT DEVIL was already there. Standing all high with mighty. Not only him, but all of the ladies are there, including his step-sister standing still with wide smiles beside the king. All of them staring straight at him while smiling.

Yanlin can barely controled himself seeing that smile, the mocking smiles that directly saying that he already lose. The grip on Little Li's tighten. But that servant shaking violently beside him. He want to bow down to the king but the grip was so tight that he was forced to stand still behind the young madam.

"How dare you, Jingyan?! How fucking dare you!"
Yanlin screamed his lungs out at the king smug face making all the person there losing their smiles and stand still, shocked. The madam daring to rise his voice toward the son of heaven. But the king keeps smiling and walk forward a few steps.