Chapter 7: The Meeting

Bump!

Yanlin landed on the soft matress a little harsh. But before he could do anything, Jingyan already lie beside him with his strong arms hug the ger tight while shushing him.

"What do you think you're doing?"

Yanlin tried to free himself from the gen. But failed.

"I am hugging my wife."
"Let me go. Since i'm asking kindly."

There was no answer from the king. Only the warmth hug that tighten.
After a few minutes of silence, the king opened his mouth.

"My ger...."
"..."
"My ger, why are you seem to hate me so much? Am i not good enough to be your man?"
"..."

Jingyan slowly rise his face from Yanlin's shoulder to look at the ger's face. Seeing the expressionless face and the cold eye that strongly resist in silence, Jingyan couldnt help but feeling anxious.

"Yanlin. Answer me please."
"Why ask if you already know the answer? After all you've done to me, you still asking for your place beside me. I sorry but you are stupid, brainless asshole."
"..."
"I already swear that i will never forgive you. I already tired of forgiving but kept on tramble. Even right now, i am disgusted only by staying inside your arms. When i thought all the dirty things and tricks you've gave me, the hatred seem to grow fast. And now i ask you to let me go."

"If i promise you that i am willing to treat you better, will you give me a chance."

Yanlin shocked. He stayed while looking straight to the blue eyes trying to seek any emotions appeared. Only to find the eagerness and truthfulness.

"I..."

***

The next morning

Yanlin opened his eye and look around his empty room. All the memories about A-Li and Jingyan kept on popping into his already mess up mind. The smile, and the jokes of A-Li, his cute little son and servant. The memories of Jingyan both in last life and the current one. He still can feel the pulse of their unborn baby that he forcefully bring along with his death.

Without much recalling, his heart already tighten to the point of hurting. Which makes it bleed the tears out of his eyes.

Now that he lose his ability to walk, the stress is piling inside him. If he could walk, he already redeemed his beloved A-li from the brothel but he could not do that since the king prevent him to go outside the palace.

Now, he still stuck with the same fate, the cruel fate that require him to sacrify the innocences. And he hates it so much he could die for the second time. Waking up in despair is so bad. Waking up and recalling the sad memories bring more pain and suffocating.

Yanlin push himself to sit and leaning on the bedboard. He wish to die again but he cannot. His revenge still must be done and he won't have mercy for those in his blacklists.

That day, his mind only filled with rage and revenge that he did not show any weakness again. Some of the concubines come and tried to mock him as he is cripple but his cold gaze and tone made them shivered before storm out from the yard.

And that goes day by day. All those days, Yanlin never saw or meet the king anymore as he is vanished from his sight. However, the rumor of the most favor consort, Wang Jiayu aka his step sister kept on coming to him. The maid talked, the guards gossiped. The lady was favored. The king often spend the night at the Moonlight Pavillion, the snake's den. The king gave the lady gifts that required 7 sedans to send it directly to the yard. The king promoted 3 more consorts. And so many more that Yanlin right now doesnt have any desire for the king left.