That glance... It's Intriguing

DONT HATE ME, YOU CAN KILL ME BUT DON'T HATE ME! I'M A STRESSED OUT PERSON PLEASE DON'T KILL ME. It's Junior year of high school, the hectic and most important yeat! D: 

Chapter 8

Both Gold and I turned over to look at the person calling us.

"James?" I said, a bit in confusion, as I watched Elm's assistant walk over to us, carrying a large messenger bag with him, as he gave us both a bright smile.

"Well you remember my name, yes I was going to go out and look for you two, thankfully you were in here!" He said chuckling.

"Yeah we came here to heal our pokemon, they needed a rest after battling and what not." Gold explained to James.

"Oh of course, well Elm sent me here to give one of you two this," James said as he searched through his messenger bag, taking out a large oval like item, it was a deep yellow color, more like a golden yellow with dark chocolate brown spots on it. 

"An egg?!" Both Gold and I said, a bit in shock. I mean I see why Gold is shock, Pokemon eggs are rare, as in you never really see how they appear of where they come from. I was shocked seeing it with my own eyes, it was amazing and beautiful at the same time. 

"Yes it's an egg that Elm received recently from Mr. Pokemon . He asked me that one of you two to take care of it, and raise it." James explained as he carried the egg carefully in his arms as if it were a baby.

"Well what type of pokemon is it?" Gold asked , staring at the egg in awe. 

I already knew what pokemon it was, remembering from the game, it would be a Togepi.

"Well it's up to you two to decide." James glanced at us both, trying to figure out who would keep it. 

"Hey I think you should keep the egg. I think the egg will be happier with you." I told gold as I looked at him with a kind smile.

Gold smiled back happily, taking the egg from James arms carefully as James pass the egg to him. 

"Really? Are you sure?" He asked

"I'm sure, don't worry." I told him as I lightly touched the egg, and then I felt the egg move. 

"Hey it moved!" I said shocked, James was shocked too.

"Strange, it must like us. Well I have to go back to the lab you two." He said as he closed his messenger bag. 

"Really so soon?" Gold said as he hugged the egg, it was really cute like seeing a kid hold his or her new baby brother or sister. 

"Yes, lot's of work to be done in the lab. Well Bye you two." he said as he waved good bye and walked out of the pokemon center.

"Too bad he couldn't stay longer." Gold said with a sigh.

"Excuse me, you're pokemon is ready, I've healed them completely." a nurse said to us as we turned, seeing that she had a tray with our pokeballs, there. Gold had one while I had three pokeballs.

"How do you already have so many pokemon, did you have a pokeball or two before?" Gold asked

"Uhh yeah Elm gave me two so I could catch some pokemon!" I said making up an excuse with my best smile that i could muster.

"Oh okay cool, you're lucky. They don't sell any here, it isn't until the next town that they do." Gold replied as he looked at me closely.

"So what's the next town?" I quickly asked wanting to change the subject.

"It's Azalea Town, it's pretty close" Gold said with a bright smile. 

"Oh okay, I think I'll leave for it today then, I don't have anything left at the hotel." I mentioned as I began to walk out. 

"Hey can I come with you?" He said reaching out and got a hold of my hand, which were smaller than his since my body's age was younger.