Chapter Three

My eyes burn when the morning alarm goes off, I have not slept a wink, I was haunted by the note. I didn't dare wake Nadia up because I knew she would have me packing up the flat and out before I even spent 24 hours here.

Nadia was showered and dressed before I got chance to even notice she had left the bed. "Babes come on get up , I am leaving and I was hoping you could walk me to work".

"That sounds like a good idea". I find a long band tee that reaches mid thigh, a quick brush through my hair is topped off with a beanie and a big coat.

The morning air is harsh on my skin but I power though feeling energised since leaving my flat. Trees blur as I walk by, visions of the man appearing in the foliage is churning my stomach to near sickness. Every passerby I examine with the utmost focus , are they looking at me? Do they look familiar? Could it be him?

My mind scrambles through every person I know, work colleagues, old school mates, neighbours even distant relatives but there is nobody I know with a V. Their perverted actions doesn't lead me to believe they would be honest about there name so I'm still at stage one of finding out who this person is.

Not only have his utterly creepy and deplorable actions terror-stricken me I have a sick feeling in me that if a complete stranger could tell I was faking it could it be possible Nadia knows as well? Nadia is one of the most honest people I know sometimes painfully so and I can't imagine her not bringing it up.

She was my first after all and the first few times were fun, I still didn't get much satisfaction but I just held it up to me being inexperienced and nervous. It's not that she has never made me feel good it's just that it's extremely rare. The last time was probably 4 months ago.

"I hate when I have to open up, it's always freezing cold and creepy turning on all the lights" Nad's breath is visible in the chilled air as we arrive at her pharmacy.

"Just keep thinking about how after this year you are going back to school and you don't need to come back here".
I rub her arm gently. She hasn't enjoyed this position much but it was a stepping stone to getting into medical school.

"I guess, okay well I best go in now, I will see you tonight" She places a kiss to my cheek.

"Ohh sorry I can't tonight I'm at work till two am, I took a few days off to get moved in but I'm back today."

"I forgot , why don't you give me a spare key and I can just go to yours and wait" She gleams.

"Oh well I'm gonna be home late and I don't have a key made for you yet but we can do something on your day off". I can sense Nadia is already unhappy, it doesn't makes sense for her to come over she would be asleep when I got in.

"They didn't give you a spare key when you moved in? That's weird"

As the words come to my lips I already regret being truthful.

"Oh they did but I gave it to my mam in case of an emergency".

Her lips tense a little and for once instead of hurt I see annoyance.
"I'm your girlfriend though, I would be the one you would call if it was urgent surely. And I'll be coming over like nearly every night so I need my own key."

"Well not every night, I need some me time."

She turns sharply unlocking the door roughly with the rusting key. Before she goes in she faces me one last time. "When we eventually move in together you are going to have to get use to always being around each other , couples are meant to spend all their time together. Me time doesn't exist for serious relationships."

The now closed door looks back at me reflecting my dumbfounded expression, I can understand that when you live with someone you spend most of your free time with them and you become significant parts of each others lives. However I don't believe you get no alone time . I can't believe that, I won't be able to survive I need some separation from the people in my life to just think and clear my mind.