𝐳𝐞𝐫𝗼. 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞

Kendra stood at the end of her bed. It was made up perfectly, except the small elephant stuffed animal her best friend, Maxine 'Max' Miller, had won her at the fair one year, that was normally on her bed was gone.

Looking around her room, it looks like nothing changed, nor is going to change. But it is. She's moving back in with Charlie Swan. Her adopted father.

Letting out a sigh, Kendra turns, leaving her room behind. She walks outside, and joins her sister and mother, the latter thrusting a phone at Bella.

"It won't work again, baby." Rene says to her daughter, Bella looks down at the phone in her hand, "You put it on hold." Bella tells her mother. "I did?" Rene asks, "Look. You also called Mexico." Kendra says playfully, looking over Bella's shoulder and at the phone, Rene pushes her playfully, the three laughing.

"I'll figure it out. You two gotta be able to reach me and Phil on the road - I love saying that - on the road." Rene says, closing her eyes while day dreaming, "Very romantic." Bella comments.

Phil exits the house, carrying Bella and Kendra's four suitcases with ease. "If you call crappy motels, backwater towns and ballpark hot dogs romantic." Phil says to the girls.

He puts his Phoenix Desert Dogs baseball hat on Rene's head with a kiss. Phil's love of Rene reassures Bella and Kendra that this was the right decision. Phil heads to the old station wagon to load the luggage, while Rene slips her arm through Bella's and Kendra's, clinging to them as they walk to car.

"Now, you know if you change your mind, I'll race back here from wherever the game is." Rene says. But Rene's strained expression says what a great sacrifice that would be. Bella forces a smile.

"I won't change my mind, mom." Bella reassures Rene, "I won't either." Kendra speaks up. "You might. You've always hated Forks." Rene disagrees, talking to Bella.

"It's not about Forks, it's about Dad. I mean, two weeks a year, we barely know each other." Bella states. Kendra, who takes notice to her mothers worried look, speaks up, "Mom, we want to go. We'll be fine."

Rene pulls both her girls into a group hug, and that's when Bella's face contorts, and every emotion washes over her, dread, doubt, regret. Kendra looks over at her sister, she wasn't filled with dread or any other emotion. She was actually quite happy with the duo moving and getting out of the warmth.

Kendra and Bella climb into the back seat of the car, the latter struggling to keep her facade up. "Come on, Bells. We'll be fine." Kendra whispers, glancing over at her sister who gives a half smile.