𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧. 𝐬𝐥𝗼𝐰

Kendra stood with the two Cullens and one hale that she had arrived with. Not counting Edward. Though she had hung out with him when he was around his siblings.

"You don't know anything." Kendra hears Edward say, his harshness directed at her sister. Suddenly, Alice and Kendra appear at Edward's side. Alice eyeing Bella with curiosity while Kendra tries to go and inflict harm on Edward for thinking he could talk to Bella that way.

But she's stopped, by the two boys, who practically drag her away. "Ok, I'm sure Edward didn't mean it." Emmett says, trying to soothe her, but Kendra's eyes were not budging off the three off in a group that she was forced to leave.

"Kendra, stop staring." Jasper tells her, but she just continues to ignore him. Emmett sighs, "You're stubborn. Damien warned us about this." He mutters the last part under his breath, "What?" Kendra's head snaps up to him, hearing only bits and pieces of what Emmett had said.

"Nothing, now, come on. Let's get on the bus." Emmett answers, guiding Kendra on the bus as Edward and Alice walk over to them. "Don't kill him." Jasper jokes, knowing what she was feeling now, and that Edward could probably hear her murderous thoughts.

"Tempting but no." Kendra says in a monotone voice as she glares at Edward. "That's a sign to get her onto the bus before she can hurt Edward." Alice says, pushing Edward behind Emmett and Jasper as the get Kendra to climb onto the bus, Emmett sitting beside her so she doesn't try anything once Edward walks by.

◂❛ʚ✿ɞ❜▸

Kendra walks into her home, she had stayed after to talk to Alice about when she should head over to their house. To which she said four thirty so they would have time to explain and give Kendra her dinner like they had promised.

She continues to walk into the kitchen, "Hey dad?" Kendra asks, not seeing her father, "Yes?" He asks, looking up as he sat at the dining table. "I'm not eating dinner here... I've, uhh.. actually got some plans." Kendra tells him.

"Oh?" He asks, disregarding the newspaper he was reading, and turning his full attention to his daughter, "Where and with who?" Charlie asks, "At the Cullens house and with the Cullens." Kendra answers easily, "Ahh." He nods, "Well at least one of my kids like them." He says, looking down at his beer.

"Wait. How do you know them?" Charlie questions, looking back up at his daughter, "Alice. She invited me over to dinner. Something about helping me more with English, hanging out, and dinner." Kendra half lies.

That was what was going to happen, but there was going to be a very important conversation that takes place while she's over there. "Ok." Charlie nods, "Be safe, and make sure your phone is on at all times." He tells her pointedly, Kendra nods quickly, agreeing to the terms.

"Well, good talk, and thanks for letting me go." Kendra tells him, he stands, looking down at his daughter, "You woulda gone either way, so I thought I'd just let you have the easy way." Charlie tells her, chuckling.

She was definitely his rebellious daughter, Kendra had snuck out so many time she couldn't remember the times where he had caught her, and let alone all the times he hadn't seen her. But Charlie was just glad his daughter made it home safe and sound each time.

Kendra smiles up at her father, laughing at it. "Also, if I fall asleep I'll just have Dr. Cullen or Mrs Cullen text you and let you know I won't be coming home." She tells him, Charlie nods, "You Better not be skipping school if you do." Charlie tells her.

Kendra just rolls her eyes, agreeing. She'd barely been in Washington a month, she didn't need to be missing school already.

◂❛ʚ✿ɞ❜▸

Kendra arrives at the Cullens house. Windows covered half the house. Parking her car, Kendra steps out, being greeted by Alice and a man and woman standing in front of the door.

"Hi Ken." Alice says, smiling at the girl, "Hey." Kendra smiles back, "Come on in." The guy that Kendra didn't recognize, which is Carlisle, says, opening the door.

Kendra walks in, looking around in awe at the house. It was a modern house. It was simply but also more old money with some of the older decorations. "You have a beautiful home." Kendra tells them, making a full 360, and facing them.

"Thank you." The woman says, "Right. Kendra, this is Esme and Carlisle, our adoptive mother and father." Alice introduces, "Esme, Carlisle, this is Kendra." Alice finishes, turning to her adoptive parents.

"So, should we get this talk over with?" Carlisle asks, looking at Kendra, who nods. "Yeah.." she trails off. "The rest of the family is in the living room. Come." Esme says, the three Cullens leading the way.

◂❛ʚ✿ɞ❜▸

Kendra sat on the couch. She was flabbergasted. She was not expecting where that conversation was going. "Soooo..." Alice trails off, not knowing what to say. "How you taking it?" Damien asks

"What?" Kendra asks, her head snapping to the boy. Her brain was trying to take in this new information. "Oh. You mean how you're all vampires and he's my brother?... And let's not forget I'm his soulmate!" Kendra says, pointing to Damien and Emmett at the end.

Jasper winces at her loud tone, "Yea?" Jasper asks, looking up at Kendra. "I'm not that bad." Emmett comments. "Welcome to the family?" Damien asks in a questioning tone, Rosalie rolls her eyes, "How am I even married to him?" She asks.

Damien seems offended by her comment. Esme, who had noticed the looks Kendra and Emmett were having say's, "Come on. Let's give Emmett and Kendra some space, yea?" Esme then continues, "And out of the house space. So they can talk in private."

Kendra turns red at her words. "Just text one of us when you're done." Esme says, the Cullens laugh at how red Kendra is, while leaving the house.

Once Emmett can't hear his family anymore, he turns his full attention to Kendra. "So..." Emmett trails off, not knowing how to start the conversation. Emmett had never been one to have a very serious conversations. He just couldn't really stay serious in them. Or he got uncomfortable.

But if he had to have serious conversations he always got through them and tried his hardest not to laugh or do anything out of pocket.

"Well..." Kendra says, looking up at Emmett, "I don't want to push either of us. Because this relationship is bound to happen. So we should take our time. Get to know each other." Kendra explains. Emmett nods, "Yea, that's good with me."